This is a bit of an impromptu post. During yesterday’s editing session I finally figured out what picture I was going to use for my Chapter 3 cover. As with Northern Lights, I intend to use a picture for each chapter in The Broken Rose. While this can be a daunting task, I still find it a worthwhile visual puzzle for me to solve. Locating a picture that encompasses the mien of each chapter can be challenging, but I enjoy figuring it out. I have an easier deal in TBR as NL also had at least one quote for each chapter, but I decided to forgo such words for my latest fanfiction, though I couldn’t let the work not have two at the beginning.
While each chapter title will obviously be indicated in the post, I still decided to incorporate them into the picture itself, an update I’m planning for Northern Lights, too (possibly as soon as my vacation the first two weeks in September). I made each of these with Pixlr, an invaluable site for macro making and image manipulation.
I’m very thankful to the Deviant Artist for giving me permission to use this. I may also utilize the image for the overall story and/or the banner I’ll have to created, but I absolutely love it for the opening chapter.
I’m not as fond of how the words look on this one, but I love the picture. None of these are set in stone, so if something better comes along, I may do a change up.
This was the picture that prompted me to make chapter macros. It is exactly what I was looking for when I realized I wanted to find a measuring tape. Sometimes it just takes a simple image to get the ball rolling.
I’m hoping I can meet the challenge for the remaining 20 or so chapters, though I’m unsure if I’m going to do another post like this since some of the titles/images might be spoilerific. I really liked these initial pictures and wanted to share since I was quite happy that I finally figured Chapter 3 out, and I really liked how that and Chapter 1’s macro turned out.
Let me know what you think and I hope you all have a good day!