A weekly post updated every Tuesday detailing my current gaming projects. I have quite a backlog of games to either play or watch, and I’m hoping a weekly article will assist with my progress as my other accountable posts have done with reading and writing.
I have an account at Grouvee, which is a essentially Goodreads for gamers, so please feel free to friend me there!
Original source of the banner art is located here.
Game Currently Playing
Title: Final Fantasy IV
Series: Final Fantasy
Genre: RPG – Fantasy
Original Platform: SNES
Original Release Date: July 19, 1991
Current Platform: Game Boy Advance
Current Platform Release Date: December 12, 2005
Date Started: October 24. 2016
You know if I’m going to play a Final Fantasy on a handheld I should be playing Dawn of Souls or FFIII. That would make the most sense since I want to play/review those anyway, and I can do it alongside the main numbered games, but nah, I’m replaying IV again because I’m ridiculous.
I just finished Mt. Hobs and my next stop is Fabul. I am further along in my story recap for the IV review than I am in this play-through so that’s…something I suppose.
Title: New Super Mario Bros.
Series: Super Mario
Genre: Platformer – Adventure
Original Platform: Nintendo DS
Original Release Date: May 15, 2006
Date Started: October 24, 2016
I haven’t played this as much this week, because I’ve been finding myself in some difficulties with the game. It’s a bit harder than the last Mario platformer I played, and the titular plumber seems to either be wearing slippery shoes or those platforms are a lot more slick than they look. I tend to slide a lot, therefore sliding off into pits. I also wish you could save whenever you wished instead of having to save after spending coins to open a locked door. So while I don’t have much game time clocked, I do have critiques. Never say reading my posts is futile 😉
Games Currently Watching
Title: Mass Effect
Series: Mass Effect
Genre: Action RPG – Sci-Fi
Original Platform(s): Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3
Original Release Date: November 16, 2007
Let’s Player: Olizandri
Date Started: September 29, 2016
Oh man things are getting to spicy for the pepper as our irrepressible let’s player heads towards the end. A fatal decision was made (at the point in the game where a fatal decision had to be made), and this Shepherd chose *spoiler* Ashley *end spoiler* for the chopping block instead of *spoiler* Kaidan *end spoiler*. To be honest I think I would’ve made the same decision, but I would’ve gone a different route in the romance. Olizandri decided that his Shepherd was more career focused and less love inclined, but he did say he’d prefer someone with Wrex’s personality, and I wholeheartedly agree with that. Personality-wise I think that would be a good match, though I can’t even remotely imagine (nor would I want to) how human-krogan carnal relations would work. Ew. I would romance Liara or possibly Tali (if she’s an option). I like the way the latter says “Saren.” It’s almost like she’s saying the “r” as a “d.” It’s a sweet accent.
Whom would or did you pick in your Mass Effect romance?
Games Added to Play List: 5
- Final Fantasy IV – I just can’t get enough of this game, can I? I added the PSP version to my list because for some God only knows reason, it wasn’t there.
- Drill Dozer – thanks to Matt for reviewing this on his blog Nintendo Bound! I added the game after reading it and making (what I thought was) a witty quip about its similarities with Dig Dug. Either way, you should check out the review and think about playing it yourself.
- The Legend of Dragoon – this is one of those times where I need to kick myself for forgetting who I was discussing this with. It was a fellow blogger, and the conversation prompted me to add this. I believe we were talking about the game in the number 4 slot and this came up alongside. Ack, if you remember the conversation feel free to identify yourself in the comments. I’m terrible at source information.
- Breath of Fire III – this game seems as illustrious and epic-worthy as my beloved Final Fantasies. I have no issues playing RPGs outside of my favorite franchise, especially seeing as Grandia II is one of my favorite non-FF games. I’d mention the Chrono Series, but since it’s also by Squeenix, it doesn’t really count as completely outside of FF.
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night – none other than the Well-Red Mage encouraged this add. Initially, I just had it on my To Watch list, but then I remembered I love platformers and RPGs, and this is the best of both worlds with the beautiful Alucard for bonus.
Games Bought This Week: 0
Erm, well it’s been about a week since I purchased World of Final Fantasy and no I haven’t played it yet. I was even out sick today, but didn’t crack it open, probably on account of being sick/not feeling well. Here’s hoping I get to play it tomorrow so I can make a report to you lovely bloggers next week.
Note: Picture of Alucard is entitled Dreaming Alucard and is by Deviant Artist Candra. Picture source is in the link below the image.
What are you currently playing and/or watching? Is it something new or old? Is it a first time run or a replay? What’s the genre? Would you recommend it? What’s on your radar to play next?