A weekly post updated every Tuesday detailing my current gaming projects. I have quite a backlog of games to either play or watch, and I’m hoping a weekly article will assist with my progress as my other accountable posts have done with reading and writing.
I have an account at Grouvee, which is a essentially Goodreads for gamers, so please feel free to friend me there!
Original source of the banner art is located here.
Game Currently Playing
Title: Final Fantasy IV
Series: Final Fantasy
Genre: RPG – Fantasy
Original Platform: SNES
Original Release Date: July 19, 1991
Current Platform: Game Boy Advance
Current Platform Release Date: December 12, 2005
Date Started: October 24. 2016
I finished up Fabul this week and am just about to take the fated journey by ship that ends with Leviathan. Still haven’t started Dawn of Souls. I thought it was a DS game instead of another GBA one for some reason, and those cartridges are elsewhere in my apartment.
Title: New Super Mario Bros.
Series: Super Mario
Genre: Platformer – Adventure
Original Platform: Nintendo DS
Original Release Date: May 15, 2006
Date Started: October 24, 2016
I think I’ve given up on this. I’m not very good at it, so I may find a Let’s Play to watch at some point. I should replay Super Mario World at some point. I kick ass at the game. Not the Rainbow Road part of course, but I’m still pretty handy.
Title: World of Final Fantasy
Series: Final Fantasy
Genre: RPG – Fantasy
Developer: Square Enix
Platform(s): PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita
Release Date: October 25, 2016
Date Bought: October 21, 2016
Date Started: November 5, 2016
Ah this is what I’m really interested in. So a few people told me about all the side quests with this game, but wow are there a lot of side quests. You’ll be planning to do something, and all of a sudden another aspect is introduced.
I met the Girl Who Forgot Her Name this week.
And in the same play session was introduced to the Coliseum by a deep-voiced Tonberry. The coliseum is a throwback to FFVI, and I’m annoyed at myself for not realizing I didn’t need to go back through the Nether Nebula in order to fight Shiva again (not that I could do it there anyway), but instead have to challenge her, Ifrit, and Ramuh in that arena. Granted, they’re not available yet, and I got my ass handed to me by three moogles on chocobos, but that’s another far more embarrassing story. I may challenge them again now that I know they’re weak against ice, buuut then again I may just go mirage hunting to make sure I have one from every area.
Gotta catch them all! *ahem* I mean I would like to complete as much of the game as possible. I’ll more than likely play more tomorrow since I”ll have the apartment to myself for the evening and I should be home a bit earlier.
Games Currently Watching
Title: Mass Effect
Series: Mass Effect
Genre: Action RPG – Sci-Fi
Original Platform(s): Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3
Original Release Date: November 16, 2007
Let’s Player: Olizandri
Date Started: September 29, 2016
One more episode left for the finale. I can’t believe it’s almost over, but there are two more games left and a new one on the horizon. The latest episode Shepherd and crew found out about the reapers and holy shit was that intense. I knew about them from watching my husband play a bit and taking numerous wiki walks, but it was still a chilling moment. I’m actually wondering if some race millions upon millions if not billions of years ago built the machines, which then gained sentience and destroyed their masters similar to how the Geth drove the quarians into exile. It would make a tragic kind of sense, but there’s nothing official about this. Once I finish the last episode, I’ll jump right into ME 2.
Games Added to Playlist: 2
- Suikoden – my friend Matthew, who has a Twitch channel here, informed me I needed to add this and the second below to my backlog, and since we both love Final Fantasy, I know he knows what he’s talking about with it.
- Suikoden II – talked about this above.
Games Bought This Week: 4
Thanks to Cheap Boss Attack telling me about the PSN 10th Anniversary sale, I was able to get in there and pick up four games! Now, I’m kind of a dumb ass and thought I’d be able to play them all on my PS4, but alas this is not the case. Some of them are only available on the PS3, which is…kind of weird to me, and I’m wondering if I did something wrong when I picked them up.
- fLOw – the Well-Red Mage’s recent review put me onto this game (it was on my Add list last week), and since it was less than $5, I figured that was a good deal.
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night – I just can’t shut up about this game, and why should I? I already know it’s awesome and I’ve never played it yet. It and the remaining purchases seem to only be available for the PS3 or Vita. Maybe the Shameful Narcissist should learn how to read the fine print…but I really thought I did!
- Grandia – the first game in the Grandia series, which I believe has at least three. I’ve played and love Grandia II. At the very least I can give the original a try.
- Xenogears – how could I pass this one up? It’s a Squeenix RPG and apparently even symbolism heavier and more esoteric than FFVII, which is damn shocking seeing as I decided to studying an entire religion due to VII. If this is so or even if it’s just equal, it’s something I’m very interested in.
All in all I spent around $10 for four games. Not too shabby.
What are you currently playing and/or watching? Is it something new or old? Is it a first time run or a replay? What’s the genre? Would you recommend it? What’s on your radar to play next?