I have been nominated for another blogger award by the lovely writer of Getting Through Anxiety! Check out her blog (and the nomination post) here and the blog for her book Rest in Piece here 🙂 Thank you very much for the nomination! I’m flattered, humbled, and appreciative all at once ♥
Thank whomever nominates your blog
Indulge yourself and answer any questions you feel happy to answer
Spread that radiance to some other awesome blogs to keep the light shining brightly.
Use these questions or make up your own to ask your nominees
Tell your nominees that they have been nominated.
Put your preferred logo award on display (I chose this one. You can Google “Sunshine Blogger Award” and a multitude of images come up).
1.) What’s your favorite TV show that you didn’t watch while it was airing, but have come to love? When did you start actually watching it? I’m actually notoriously bad at catching TV shows when they first air; I also often don’t immediately like things at first viewing. In fact this paradigm extends to not only shows, but movies, books, and video games. I either don’t like or have no interest in them. The advantage for this is I’m usually able to binge watch the entire thing whenever I want (of course this also means I have to dodge spoilers), because by the time I get into it, it’s been out for a while. If the show is still ongoing, I’ll often catch up quickly though.
I really can’t think of anything that’s completely stopped airing so I’ll just mention the ones I caught later.
- Arrested Development – I watched the first two episodes and absolutely hated it. I didn’t realize it was supposed to be utterly satirical and a parody of what a functional family was. Once I picked up that it was dry, witty, sardonic humor, I absolutely loved it. I started watching when the first three seasons were out. I need to catch up on the fourth, especially since I’m hearing rumblings that a fifth is coming.
- Bob’s Burgers – Again I didn’t like it originally, because I wasn’t expecting this dry comedy to be sandwiched between The Simpsons and Family Guy, shows whose comedy is far more overt and absurd, but BB definitely has it’s absurdities with the added bonus of cutting wit from various characters (Louise is my Patronus and Gene’s one liners are to die for). I seem to have a pattern of needing to give dry comedies more than one chance, because even though it’s my favorite type of humor, I rarely expect anyone to do it well. I started watching this on Netflix when the first five seasons were already out, and I’ve caught up on 9Cartoon.com, since KissCartoon seems to now be defunct.
- Doctor Who – How the hell did I forget about this? I never didn’t have an interest in this, I just didn’t get to it until at least five or six seasons were out. 10/Tennant (how convenient is that??) is my favorite doctor. Technically, since I started watching the reboot, I did start after the show finished airing. I still need to catch up on Classic, so I can understand this Tom Baker craze,
2.) What’s a book that everyone raves about and you have no desire to read? Why don’t you want to read it? I can name two series. Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey *shudders* Granted not everyone raves about them. Many people understand the major issues with both series, but there are enough flailing fangirls that I believe they count. I could forgive the poor writing, but I cannot condone anything that glorifies abusive relationships 😡
3.) What do you think is the ‘key to happiness?’ Having enough resources to take care of yourself and your dependents for practicality. Being able to reach the self-actualizing top of Maslowe’s Hierarchy of Needs. Not measuring success by capitalistic goals. I don’t have a magical answer to this question, because I don’t believe out society is set up to benefit everyone, but this is too deep of a problem to go into here.
4.) What season best describes you and why? What holiday best describes you? Why? Hm, winter is my favorite season, but I don’t know if it best describes me, although I can be cold and dark :p For holiday I’d say Halloween, because it’s “be as your aren’t” night, and IRL I spend a lot of time donning my INFJ extrovert mask that is apparently good enough to convince people I’m outgoing. Who knew I was this good of an actress.
You can answer the questions above if you like or you can answer the ones below. Hell, if you’re feeling energetic, you can answer both!
Questions for Nominees
1. What’s your favorite story of all time? Media doesn’t matter.
2. What fictional world would you most want to live in and why?
3. What’s the most beautiful song you know?
4. What’s the most ridiculous/obsessive thing you’ve ever done for fandom/obsession?
Bonus Question: Would you rather have every Wednesday off or a three day weekend/four day work week?
*Feel free to ignore if you’ve been nominated/done this already or don’t feel like it. I’ll usually try to check and see if the person I’m nominating has been already, but a Narcissist can slip*
- Boba and Games – A sweet blog about tea and video games. That already has light pouring out the wazoo.
- Space, Time, and Raspberries – Wasn’t I just talking about the doctor? Well add raspberries to the quantum mix. This lovely blogger dazzled and enlightened me with her vow to make something beautiful in response to something sad. If that’s not spreading sunshine, I don’t know what is.
- RetroGame Man – He is a man who reviews retro games. I am a (mostly) old school gamer. Video games have gotten me through some of my darkest days. How do you get through the darkness? With light.
- Behind the White Coat – She’s a doctor, which means she works tirelessly to help others experience light and life for as long as possible.
- Evil Wizard, Esq. – At the risk of being destroyed by the omnipotent force of his evilness, I extend this offering. You see the EWE bared a bit of his soul (?) in admitting to inklings of human feeling. I know it was merely a ruse to make humanity let its guard down for the final strike, but little does he know I’ve hidden my own doomsday weapon in this blogger award mwahahahaha *kaboom*
- I also nominate Mr. Panda, LightningEllen, The Well-Red Mage, The Otaku Judge, Retr0pia, Cheap Boss Attack, Defy the Majority, Hungrygoriya, I ♥ Old Video Games, Athene | AmbiGaming, iplayedthegame, The Writing Hufflepuff, The Ink Garden, Cupcakes and Machetes, Ignited Moth, and all my other blogger friends whom I cherish, adore, and have the best conversations with. I love you all, and it would take quite long to write out a clever little thing for all of you. Also dear gods I hope I didn’t forget anyone. How embarrassing would that be?! I’m not even going to tag you, because that seems to be hit or miss. You’re all loyal readers, and if you want to do it, please feel free. If I forgot you (SHAME!) please still feel free. I’ll die of embarrassment later when I see your responses/posts.