A weekly post updated every Sunday discussing my current writing projects and where I stand with them. This will include any and all work(s) in progress (WIP) be they creative writing, essays/analyses, or reviews of any type.
Title: The Broken Rose
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Type: Fanfiction (FFVII) Novel
Current Word Count: 267,081
Prior Word Count: 266,620
Word Difference: +461
Progress: Pending 4th edit
I finally finished the third edit/revision of Chapter 10. Since I did so much, I obviously have to do a fourth (and hopefully last) one. I have a sinking sensation that Chapter 11 is going to be a difficult edit, too. I’d started it before insofar as doing some color coding, but then I decided I’d hold off until I did the full edit. There’s never a dull moment in the life of a writer/blogger.
Quote: “You did not have to be dragged through hell to dwell in Heaven’s Gate.”
Project: Book Reviews
Even more reviews to do!
- Elijah Dart by Jonathan L. Ferrara (DNF)
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Nightshade City by Hilary Wagner (DNF)
- Talon by Julie Kagawa
- Saga: Volume 7 by Brian K. Vaughn & Fiona Staples
- Stone & Iris by Jonathan Ballagh
- Gaslight Hades by Grace Draven
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
- Locke & Key: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill & Gabriel Rodriguez
- The Beauty Thief by Rachael Ritchey (DNF)
- The Poetic Edda by Anonymous
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Volume 1 by Katie Cook & Andy Price
- Never Never: Part One by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
Project: Game Review
Developer: Frictional Games
Let’s Player: ChristopherOdd
I haven’t forgotten about this (how the hell could I? I keep reading stories that have similar paradigms!). I’m going to put it on my schedule to work on next weekend. I’m not waiting until I complete 13 more book reviews. I’ll just have to figure out how to fit both types of reviews into my schedule, since I also have to do one for the Mass Effect Series.
What are you currently working on? Is it a creative writing project, essay, review, or something else? Have you just started something new or are you wrapping up a long term project?