I was nominated quite a long time ago by the deliciously dangerous Cupcakes and Machetes. If you’re looking for awesome recipes, honest and hilarious book reviews, and adorable doggies, there’s no better blog on the internet.
What is the Liebster Award?
“Liebster” is a German word meaning beloved, dearest, sweetheart, or darling.
For bloggers, the Liebster Award is an online recognition given by other bloggers to new bloggers for enjoying or appreciating their work. It highlights up and coming blogs.
Once nominated, a blogger is asked to answer 11 questions provided by the nominating blogger. They are then expected to nominate 11 other favorite new bloggers and come up with a list of 11 new questions for those nominees.
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. Do you consider yourself an artist in any way when it comes to music, arts, crafts, or hobbies?
I guess since I consider myself a writer, I suppose I could be considered an artist.
2. What’s your favorite type of music or your favorite band?
I’m going to be one of those people, but if I had to pick a favorite type of music, it would have to be classical, because video game (re: Final Fantasy) music would fall into that category. Plus I used to sing it in choir and whatnot. This doesn’t mean I turn my nose up at any other type of music. Oh hell no. There’s actually no type of music I dislike, and I think there are good songs in every genre.
3. What’s your favorite thing to do?
Sleep. Nah, though it’s very high on my list. Write would have to be number one, followed very closely by read with play video games nearly tied. That’s my triumvirate.
4. Tell us something interesting about yourself.
Erm, I use a mouse upside down. That’s pretty interesting and weird I’d suspect. I’m also allergic to the sun. It really is out to destroy me…not unless I destroy it first *shakes fist*
5. Does blogging ever stress you out?
Sometimes? Like if I have a biweekly post and not a lot of energy or time, I can get a little stressed about it, but mostly not. I really enjoy blogging, and any stress I might have is far outweighed by the positives.
6. Do you like to cook?
I like to eat :p I don’t hate cooking, but I see it as a means to an end (i.e. dinner), and I’m not particularly into the process itself. My husband actually likes to cook, which is awesome, because I rarely have the energy to do so and will order at the drop of a hat when left to my own devices.
7. What’s your favorite reading genre?
Fantasy, specifically dark fantasy, though not necessarily grimdark (though I do enjoy quite a few of those, too). I tend to lean more towards the high fantasy novels, and somewhere along the line (once I realized I was writing it) I started liking paranormal romance o.O
8. Are you on Goodreads?
Sure am! Find me here 🙂
9. Do you like where you live?
I don’t dislike it. I live in a US town with the biggest mall in the country, so traffic gets a bit hairy on the weekends and around the holidays, but it’s also just ten minutes away from where I work. I’m not that happy to still be living in an apartment, and I’m hoping we can change that in the next few years.
10. What kinds of foods do you like to eat?
My favorite is cake, and since it was my birthday last weekend, I’ve eaten a lot of cake. My husband got me one from the bakery I requested, and his mother made me one, so yeah, lots cake. Last year I had three, because my brother got me one, too. Besides that I have an almost unhealthy obsession with Brussel sprouts and (before the gigantic recall) I’d eat lettuce leaves like a bunny.
11. What’s your favorite season?
Winter for poetic reasons. In terms of writing, it’s just the most evocative time of the year to write about (imo). Though September is my favorite month, so even though it’s not technically a season, I suppose my favorite time of the year is summer’s end.
Eh, I’ve done this four times, so I’m not going to nominate anyone else. You know what to do if you want to do it. I will think up some new questions. That’s all the brain power I can offer today.
1. What is your favorite musical instrument?
2. What video game world and/or locale would you live in?
3. What holiday do you hate the most?
4. What’s your favorite type of pet?
5. What’s your phobia (if you feel like sharing it)?
6. What’s your preferred social media site?
7. What book did you read as a child that now disappoints you as an adult?
8. What’s your favorite type of ice cream?
9. Roughly how many video games and/or books do you own?
10. Who is your favorite MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) character?
11. What is your favorite cartoon?
Bonus Question: Can you answer The Riddle of the Sphinx (no Googling!)?
Also feel free to answer in the comments if you don’t feel like making a post!