I am four times more mysterious than I ever could have imagined. Apparently my mysterious nature is a mystery even to me.
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma, and I am delighted and honored to have been nominated for the award by Dani of Touch My Spine Book Reviews, a wonderful book blogger and an ultimate sweetheart ♥
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Well, we’ve already accomplished the first four items on the list, so I believe we’re doing passably well.
Three Things About Me
- I have the most freaking sensitive skin of anyone you’ll ever meet like the Princess and the Pea. I am literally allergic to things that are supposed to be hypoallergenic/for sensitive skin. My doctor recommended I use Cetaphil soap to help a bout of eczema on my leg, and I broke out in freaking hives. As of right now, I’m so goddamn itchy, and of course scratching irritates your skin. I thought it was my detergent, but we’ve been using the same kind for years. Then my husband suggested my soap, and all the pieces fell together. I’m also allergic to the sun; I’ll break out in hives if I’m in that for too long, too. I have super light sensitive eyes, and the sensitivity works on the inside as well, since I’m emotionally highly sensitive/empathetic, too D:
- I talk to myself and answer myself all the time. It actually helps me get my thoughts in order and know what I either want to say at a later date or more often write. I’ve made over 200 videos of me just talking about a topic, but none of them have been edited or posted yet.
- I’ve never had chickenpox, and before I went to college I was vaccinated against it. I’m glad I dodged that bullet (see first item).
Why did you choose your current blog name?
I once called myself “a shameful narcissist” in front of a coworker and he pointed out that I should’ve said “shameless” to which I corrected him, because I am ashamed (or at least concerned) with my narcissistic tendencies. I think you have to fulfill 5 out of 9 traits, and I believe I might, but as for mentioned I’m extremely empathetic, which helps keep it in check. I also don’t try to manipulate the people I care about…at least not on purpose (I hope), and if someone did seriously suggest I had NPD, I’d seek professional help for it. Besides all that serious stuff, I thought it was a kick ass online handle, which is why I incorporated it into my blog name 🙂
What is your favorite book?
*goes to Goodreads to look at Favorites shelf* This is tough since my favorite “books” are more like favorite “series,” which I can answer easily: George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire. If I had to pick a favorite (standalone) novel, I’d probably say Peter S. Beagle’s The Last Unicorn.
What is your favorite thing to do, besides reading:)?
Writing of course! After that, video games.
If you could change anything about this World what would it be?
Eradicate cognitive dissonance. If people changed their opinions based on empirical evidence instead of digging in their heels and clinging to long standing and often bullshit beliefs, humanity might actually have some hope.
What was the last book you read?
The last book I finished was The Bone Doll’s Twin by Lynn Flewelling. It was fantastic and I highly recommend it.
My Best Post
According to the stats, my most viewed post is the review of Silent Child by Sarah A. Denzil, but I think my best post, or at least the one I’m most proud of, is “Heart of Darkness, Angel of Light – The Defense of Sephiroth.” That was the culmination of years of planning, months of writing, and quite a few tears.
I really don’t think there’s any of you left I haven’t nominated for this, so feel free to do it if you want. You can answer the same questions 🙂