A weekly post updated every other Tuesday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Obtained
- Final Fantasy VII – $15.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Not Not – $0.99 @ Nintendo eShop
What I’m Playing
Title: Doki Doki Literature Club
I’m getting to the creepy part. I found something out about two of the girls. Even though the latter information hasn’t been explicitly stated yet, I recognize the blatant signs since it’s something I’ve done myself.
Title: Final Fantasy VI
Series Title: Final Fantasy
System: PlayStation 3 (Port)
I haven’t had a chance to play these past two weeks, but this has been a busy month. I’m hoping some time this week or weekend.
What I Demoed
- Monopoly – I really want to pick this up, but I’m annoyed that they only give you 30 minutes to demo it (not nearly enough to play a full game) and it’s thirty fucking dollars! Usually board game, er, games are a little less expensive, but I guess Hasbro wants their money.
- Super Phantom Cat Remake – Really cute platformer. The graphics remind me of Kurzgesagt. I…think the cat has his own Switch that he takes out if you’re idle lol. The jumping is a little bit erratic, but it seems like a solid game.
- Pic-a-Pix Deluxe – Similar to Piczle Colors, but more challenging. You have the option of black and white or color, but the methodology is the same. There are numbers in the rows and columns to tell you how many consecutive spaces a color will take up. If the same color is back to back (or you’re just doing black and white), there must be a space between (otherwise it would just get added to the total). That’s paradigm is vital to solving the puzzles. I’m probably going to pick this one up. It’s like $7.99 (?) and challenging enough that I can’t watch/listen to anything else while I’m doing it, unlike Piczle Colors.
- Block-a-Pix Deluxe – In the same family as the above, this one has colored rectangle dimensions, and you have to figure out how far they have to expand. Another one I’ll pick up soon.
What I Played
- Piczle Colors – They added 40 more puzzles that were actually small parts of a bigger picture. I finished them all within a few days after I completed all of the puzzles again, and last night I re-deleted all of the puzzles so I can go through them once more lol. I like the random option, but I kept either getting puzzles that were too easy, too familiar, or the same ones over and over again. I hope they update again soon.
- Not Not – This is another puzzle game I picked up from the Nintendo online store. I don’t like it as much as Piczle, but it’s still fun if frenetic. Fast thinking is everything as you have to pick the right direction to go before time runs out. There’s a demo for it in the store, so if you like fast-paced, logic games, I’d check it out!
- Mahjong Solitaire Refresh – Your typical Mahjong though the graphics are pretty. I might snag this one, too if it’s under $5.
What I’m Watching
Title: Octopath Traveler
Let’s Player: Olizandri
Date Started: 3/27/19
I find watching a Let’s Play of a game I’ve played before so useful, because if I hadn’t, I wouldn’t have found out that the title “Octopath” is derived from the first letter of each character’s name: Olberic, Cyrus, Therion, Ophilia, Primrose, Alfyn, Tressa, H‘aanit. Mind=Blown. Apparently, “Traveler” is supposed to stand for the first initials of each characters’ nemesis, but I haven’t figured that out yet, so I can’t say with certainty.
Watching Oliz has pushed me to work towards my own streaming. I have the program for the capture card set up; I just need to attach everything to my Switch’s port and test everything out. I already have a microphone and webcam, if needed. I’m not sure if I’ll do that since I’d obviously have to look presentable :p
Title: Twilight Princess
Series Title: The Legend of Zelda
Let’s Player: Olizandri
Date Started: February 15, 2019
I’m watching this is spits and spots usually at work. I’m very close to the end, and I really want to see Oliz’s reaction to Midna’s true form lol.
I ended up DNFing Cry’s Night in the Woods Let’s Play, not because I hate Cry but because he was missing so much stuff lol. I tend to prefer LPs were either the player knows where things are or, if they don’t, I don’t either so I’m not freaking out by what they’re missing. I’m partially yelling at Olizandri on his Octopath LP because he is not using Alfyn to his full potential AT ALL. He only uses his Concoct ability to heal when necessary, but you can use it to utterly fucking WRECK enemies. I’m surprised no one said anything in the comments, or it’s possible they did, but he didn’t read them. The Let’s Play isn’t still going, so there’s no point in me spouting off there hehe. Because of him I am now thinking of starting with Therion as opposed to Olberic, just because only Therion can open up all the chests and I wouldn’t have to come back. Plus I know about the shrines and extra dungeons now, so I may not have to do as much grinding as I did before.
If you played Octopath Traveler who did you start with? Would you change that if you played it again? Why or why not?