A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
- Picross S4 – $9.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Just Dance 2020 – $39.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Picross S – $7.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Picross S3 – $9.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- The House of da Vinci – $4.99 @ Amazon
So many Picross games. I love Pic-a-Pix and this is pretty much the game Pic-a-Pix is based on so it was an easy sell. I think I actually like it a little better than Pic-a-Pix, and I especially love the color puzzles. I’ve gotten used to the Mega Picross puzzles after a fashion. I’m just hoping they have DLCs for this, too, since eventually I’m going to run out of them. The House of da Vinci 2 is similar to The Room, so if you like that, you’ll more than likely enjoy this.
What I’m Playing
Title: Final Fantasy VIII (Remastered)
Series Title: Final Fantasy
System: Nintendo Switch
I’m currently in the Deep Sea Research Facility *shivers* That place always freaked me out. It’s so creepy and the music doesn’t help. Anything under the ocean is terrifying (SOMA), and while FFVIII’s isn’t as psychologically damaging, there is something terrifying below: the Ultima Weapon, which presumably killed everyone or at the very least ran them off, since the facility is abandoned. Right now I’m pharming Tri-Faces for Curse Spikes since you can refine them into Dark Matter, which turns into Ultima spells. Apparently, you can get other good things, too, and the guide I’m following says to not kill the Ultima Weapon, which…makes no sense to me. Yeah, I can get Eden on Disk 4, but by that time, it’s kinda too late to learn anything and/or utilize it. While the fixed encounters go away after killing the Weapon, that just means you have to make sure you’ve pharmed as much as you need before doing so. That’s my plan at least. I’m nearing the end game, so I’m cleaning up all the side quests.
What I Played
- Pic-a-Pix Deluxe – did not play this nearly as much as I have before
- Picross (S, S3, S4) – If you’re a puzzle game person, I highly recommend this.
- Just Dance 2020 – I haven’t played this nearly as much as I wanted to either. My plan was to do so yesterday, but I wound up calling out of work because I couldn’t get out of bed. I figured doing anything extra would be a bad plan. I miss dancing, though, so any of this I can play is a good thing. I signed up for the Unlimited subscription, since you get way more songs.
I started watching Olizandri’s Let’s Play of FFVIIR and within five minutes I’d taken so many notes lol. It’s so much easier to pick things up when I’m not playing. Plus I’ve run through it, know what to expect, so I can start tying things together and pick up on more foreshadowing.
I finished up Oliz’s Thousand Year Door LP and I’m not watching his original Paper Mario one. I also caught some of his current Celeste Let’s Play. I love the soundtrack.
I almost bailed on doing this before taking a nap lol. I got up earlier than usual to get a jump start on work, which also means I could log off earlier. I’m tired *yawn* I think that nap might be happening before I jump into anything else, because coffee isn’t working.