A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
- Golf Story – $7.49 @ Nintendo eShop
- Firewatch – $5.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Bear With Me: The Lost Robots – $4.99 @ Nintendo eShop
What I Demoed
- My Secret Pets! – I passed on this one. None of the boys are cute enough for me lol. The premise of this visual novel/otome game is your boyfriend breaks up with you at the beginning for no discernible reason, and four of your pets (your parents own a pet shop) turn human and vie for your affection.
- AI: Somnium – I like this though I wish you could better control the camera in the dream states since you have a time limit.
- Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III – I really like this, and I think once I get used to it I’ll really dig the battle system. I got my ass kicked by the two archers in the boss battle probably because I used up all of my good moves on the enemies before. I wanted to check out the prequels but they aren’t on the Switch (yet). I understand why III has summaries of the first two games. I started reading them, but there’s a lot of information to absorb, and I’d honestly rather play through them, but I might have to make do with the summaries.
- Coffee Talk – I’m really into this, too. I’ll probably pick it up soon. It’s another visual novel type where you own a coffee shop in a world where humans and fey creatures (elves, orcs, dwarves, succubi, etc.) exist together. One of the first situations I saw was a succubus and her elf boyfriend having issues because neither of their families wanted them to be together.
- Langrisser I & II – I wasn’t sure how I felt about this, but it grew on me the more I played it. It’s a strategy RPG, and I haven’t played one of those in a long time, but I don’t know if I like it enough to drop $50 on it. If it ever goes on sale, I could see picking it up then.
What I’m Playing
Title: The House of da Vinci II
Series Title: The House of da Vinci
System: Kindle (Android)
I’m really enjoying this. It has a bit more of a story this time around, and the puzzles are worked pretty seamlessly into that. They’re mostly intuitive but still fairly challenging. I’m trying not to use the hint system unless I’m really desperate.
Title: Final Fantasy VIII (Remastered)
Series Title: Final Fantasy
System: Nintendo Switch
I’m…actually thinking of saying I’m done on this, lol. What is with me and not finishing Final Fantasies I’ve already finished in the past? I think it’s because I watched Olizandri let’s play the end, so I don’t feel the need to. I’m like right at the end, too. All of my GFs have learned everything. I don’t have all of the cards, but meh? I’ll probably wind up shelving it by next update where hopefully I’ll be replaying the original FFVII and have made more headway on the FFVII Remake.
If sales could just stop happening I could stop spending money on sales. I’m happy i’m finally catching up with all the demos I downloaded before. I’m trying to clear all of the old ones off my Switch so it’s not so cluttered.
Have you picked anything up in the summer sales?