A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I’m Playing
Title: Broken Age
System: Nintendo Switch
I’ve had this game for quite a while but just started playing it on the 4th of July. It’s immediately immersive, and you can switch back and forth between the narratives at any time. Of course I started with Vella, the brown girl lol. Shay’s story was kind of boring until you can finally “sequence break.” I wound up completing Vella’s first chapter then it automatically takes you to Shay’s though I think you can still switch back to her. The stories do cross over, and now that I’m playing through Shay’s I’m really curious about what one character said about being the “sacrificed girl.” There is definitely a subtext about “a foolish consistency” and not following in prior generations’ footsteps just for tradition’s sake.
Title: Later Daters
System: Nintendo Switch
Haven’t touched this in the past few weeks. Not because I don’t like it, but because I’m just not in the mood to play a dating SIM.
What I Played
- Picross 2 – I noticed I still have puzzles to complete on this one as well as some megapuzzles that I’m comfortable doing with the hint roulette.
- Pic-a-Pix Deluxe – I’ve finally run out of classic puzzles to download, so I guess I’m done with this until/unless they release more.
What I Watched
- The Last of Us: Part II (Christopher Odd) – Just started watching this tonight and I am into it. I love cinematic story telling in games. It doesn’t bother me one bit, and I’m not just saying that because I’m watching it as opposed to playing it, because it doesn’t bother me in Final Fantasy either. If it’s not your bag; it’s not your bag, but I’m kinda sick of hearing how games that utilize it aren’t good or as good as others, especially ones that are heavily story based and whose main purpose is to present a narrative. So far Naughty Dogg is doing a great job. I have a lot of thoughts about the end of the first game, but I absolutely understand why Joel acted like he did. This is a world of grey and grey morality not black and white, and watching this LP is making me want to work on my review for the first lol.
- Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons (Olizandri) – I finished watching Seasons today. This is just my “chill out” LP that I watch when I’m either laying in bed, working, or just want on in the background while I play Picross. It’s been my go-to these last two weeks.
- Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening (Olizandri) – This is my current go to. I started watching today after I finished Seasons. I’ll probably watch Link Between Worlds after this.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (Olizandri) – Ugh. Okay…so I had to take a break from watching this because there’s so much shit near the end that’s hella triggering. Like I was recalling certain parts and it was making me dry heave, which, let me tell you, is an awesome visceral reaction to emotional distress. I tend to get it for one particular thought/thing and OH HEY IT JUST HAPPENED NOW UGHHHHHH. So we’re just going to move on. I’ll finish watching it at some point, but I’m not super pressed. Once I finish my review of FFVI I’m going to replay the original to continue with the project. Not sure how I’ll do my reviews. I’ll definitely write a review for the original, but I don’t know if I’ll then do one for the Remake or move on to FFVIII. There’s also the rest of the games in the Compilation to consider, but I suppose I’ll burn that bridge when I come to it.
I completely missed my What I’m Watching list last week lol. I think I back dated my last status and just fucking forgot. Oh well. I wound up having to reinstall Windows 10 last night on my computer so right now it’s working great. I thought it was only two years old, but turns out it’s actually four. Time has no meaning lol. I now have a list of things to do when/if I have to do this again like what I have to redownload. I realize a lot of the programs I use are older like the Windows Movie Maker is from 2012 or something like that. I also have no interest in Office 365. I still have my old product key saved for the old versions, but it took some doing to actually locate where to download that. I should save that info, too, BUT I’m hoping to have a new computer before I have to do this shit again, though I still don’t want Office 365. I should probably learn a more updated movie making program. I had Da Vinci Resolve, but I never really learned it. I’m just…used to old school WMM and I’m a stubborn AF Taurus. I don’t mind learning new things, but I need to make time to do it, and in that time I still want to be able to work on all of my projects. At least I was less frustrated this time around because I kind of expected the computer to crash and I had a contingency plan. Plus I just back upped a bunch of my data and emailed The Broken Rose to myself, so I wasn’t too concerned I’d lose anything.
What game have you had on your backlog the longest?