A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
- The Lion’s Song – $5.99 ($0.04) @ Nintendo eShop
What I’m Playing
Title: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Series: Etrian Odyssey
System: Nintendo 3DS
I’m at the boss of the 4th stratum now and I need to do quite a bit of leveling before I take her on per the suggestions. I want to try to take down one of the stratum’s FOEs especially since there’s an ingredient I can get from it. It’s been a few day since I’ve played though. I lose a little bit of steam if I don’t have a direct path forward, and really all I have to do is grind the FOEs on lower floors in order to level up.
Title: World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Series: Final Fantasy
System: Nintendo Switch
I’ve been losing steam on this one, too. Not because I’m not enjoying it. I’ve just been tired and it’s hard to fit it into my schedule. I might try to play a bit tonight. I’m getting close to the end, or rather the “first” ending lol.
What I Played
- Picross 4 – I’m redoing the color puzzles in between working on the regular ones. I hope they either release a DLC or new game soon. I keep seeing things about new Piczle Lines puzzles, but I just want some regular ones then I’ll play that game again.
- AVICII Invector – I am super into this game now. I’m actually listening to some of the tracks currently on YouTube. Avicii was a musical genius. RIP ;_;
What I Watched
- Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations (Olizandri) – Still watching Oliz play through this. What I love about these games if the cases are complex and convoluted enough that I don’t completely remember them, so while it’s not like watching something new, they’re still enjoyable. It’s like rereading a favorite book.
- Super Mario 64 (Olizandri) – I watched the last video of this last night, and I’m looking forward to him starting Super Mario Galaxy!
- Resident Evil (CJUGames) – My other English let’s player! I wanted something appropriate for spoopy season and figured RE was perfect. I never realize how many tropes this game shares with Final Fantasy VII like geez. I want to write something about stories that aren’t horror by genre but have a decent amount of horror tropes. It’s something I’ve noticed, and it makes me ruminate on where the line is (I know there’s not really a line). How many horror tropes can something have before it’s considered horror? I think the main plot has to be a horror for a story to be considered that, but there are a lot of fantasy and sci-fi stories out there that ride the line by using the tropes. I think it’ll be fun to explore. Oh shit! I almost forgot I also wound up watching him play the end of SOMA because I was curious if he’d done it. Still fucked me up lol. He’s also played Dead Space, but I only watched a little of the first video of that. That one’s a little too scary for me to watch at night lol. I can watch Resident Evil. Like it’s spoopy, but it’s more jump scares and corporate evil shenanigans.
- Resident Evil 2 (CJUGames) – Just started watching this this week, and I’m into it. There’s a marked improvement in just the voice acting alone from first game, but I guess that’s expected for a 2019 remake.
I only spent $0.04 on The Lion Song, that’s why there are two prices above. I had some gold points of something, so it was even cheaper! I’ll probably play that after I finished WOFF. I would really, really love to do my first stream on Halloween, so I’m going to try to download the software on my computer this weekend and make sure everything works. I’m not sure what I’m going to play first, though I am heavily leaning towards something since it’s next on my list to play anyway. Idk, it just seems too predictable…
My husband has finally picked up FFVIIR again. It’s funny. I’ve played it myself and watched at least two-thirds of an LP of it, but I did not remember the scene when Cloud “dreams” of Aerith. Like I’m sitting there watching it with a “WTF” look on my face, but it was also weird because I did remember it? I don’t know how to explain this. I remembered when she told him not to fall in love with her, but maybe the only reason that rang a bell was because I’ve seen artwork of it. The Lifestream flowing in the background looking like the northern lights though? Yeah, I don’t remember that, and it’s something I definitely would’ve. That scene is haunting (she literally fades into the light stuff that remains after you kill something AFTER folding her hands in prayer) and I can’t stop thinking about it. Seriously though, I know Squeenix won’t do anything stupid like D&D of GOT infamy (who are now also the biggest assholes on the planet) with “subverting expectations” *rolls eyes FOREVER*
Anyway, I’ve been listening to this on repeat. It’s about a woman who tries to warn this guy away from loving/marrying her, but when he doesn’t listen she dies and turns into a flower hahaha *cries*
What are you favorite spooky games? I was thinking of watching Amnesia, but Frictional Games, the same people who did SOMA, make that, so I’m a little wary *nervous laughter*