A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
- Golf Peaks – $4.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Choices That Matter: And the Sun Went Out – $4.79 @ Nintendo eShop
- Syberia Collection – $9.79 @ Nintendo eShop
What I’m Playing
Title: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Series: Etrian Odyssey
System: Nintendo 3DS
Yikes…I haven’t played this in the past two weeks again. I need to watch a video of someone beating Harpuia so I have an idea of what I need to do.
Title: World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Series: Final Fantasy
System: Nintendo Switch
I’m currently in grind mode before the end, and, prior to tonight, interspersed with trying to beat this one minigame. So back when it was the original WOFF on the PS4, you could trade Mirages with people, and that’s how I obtained Maduin. The only way to do it in game is to beat the Sand Stalkers minigame, which is essentially battleship or reverse Mine Sweeper (as my husband explained it). You get three units: Small, Medium, and Large with HPs of 1, 2, 3 respectively. The enemy has the same on a 5×5 grid. The goal is to find their three units and defeat them without losing any of your characters. If you lose anyone or take more than 20 moves (it used to be 10, which is…whew), you don’t get the Maduin Memento you need to transfigure a Mirage into Maduin. I used an Excel sheet as a 5×5 grid as suggested and was finally able to pull it off tonight. Now I can just concentrate on level grinding.
What I Played
- AVICII Invector – I haven’t played this as much these past two weeks since I’ve mostly been grinding in WOFF, but I still love it and still vibe to the music.
- Golf Peaks – Shoutout to Trash for putting me onto this. It’s a little puzzle game with a really simple premise, and that’s all you need for brilliance. You get a certain amount of cards with moves to use for each level. Using them and the topography of board, you have to get the ball in the hole. The difficulty curve is just right to challenge you without ramping up too quickly, and you can undo moves immediately. For five dollars it’s more than worth it if you’re into puzzle games.
What I Watched
- Miles Edgeworth: Ace Attorney Investigations (Olizandri) – Just finished watching this yesterday when Oliz wrapped it up. I really hope they localize the second game in the Edgeworth series soon and/or at least give us a release time frame for the next AA game. Googling just showed me one of the writers just left Capcom, which is…not welcome news. I suppose I could and should watch the anime, which my friend has been bugging me to do lol.
- Paratopic (CJUGames) – I’m…not even sure what to say about this game. It was only a 45 minute watch and I started watching another video explaining it, but then I had to concentrate at work. It was definitely interesting. Not your standard horror or FPS. I agree with CJUG about it having a Twin Peaks vibe because it was certainly genre breaking. I need to go back and finish watching his LP of Resident Evil 2.
- Super Mario Galaxy (Olizandri) – Eventually I’ll go back to watching his playthrough of Xenogears, but I’m enjoying this lighter fare.
The house we were going to see this weekend is now contingent. What that means in real estate speak is someone has made an offer and now it’s just a waiting game. The offer might fall through, but I don’t really consider these places viable anymore, so that’s that. I talked to my agent today and told her I did like that development, so she’s going to see about having owners contact her before places go up on the market so we could possibly get an in prior. I’m not really that pressed about it. I kind of don’t want to go anywhere since the rona is rampant again. I’m honestly considering staying home for Thanksgiving even though we’re invited to my sister-in-law’s. During March/April when it was as bad as it is now (I’m also hearing now is worse), I didn’t go anywhere. My job just sent an email saying return to office has been pushed back to at least April of next year, so yeah, shit is real.