A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
- Circuits – $2.49 ($1.50) @ Nintendo eShop
What I’m Playing
Title: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Series: Etrian Odyssey
System: Nintendo 3DS
Actually played some of this these past two weeks. I got a chance to take on Harpuia, the 4th Stratum boss, and it wasn’t as bad as I thought. Oh, I didn’t beat her or anything like that lol, but I’m seeing the beginnings of a strategy. The biggest issue is the Glowbirds that come to her aid. They’re 4th Stratum FOEs and they make things more complicated. They have no elemental weakness, but they really only have one attack that they need a turn to charge up for. If you don’t do something about it, the attack will hit all of your characters hard, but you can either throw a Blast Grenade to stop them or bind their heads if you can. I’m wondering if I can just take them out before fighting the boss or if they’ll show up no matter what. Either way, I think I want to level my characters up to level 50. I watched a little bit of a video of someone taking her on, and that’s where they were. I’m at level 49 so I don’t have that far to go, and I can fight Glowbirds or those rhino FOEs. I might even take on those annoying frogs that follow you around lol.
Title: World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Series: Final Fantasy
System: Nintendo Switch
I beat the game, but there’s a lot of after-game content to finish up. They actually added even more with an extra dungeon in the Girl’s Tearoom, another one at the top of the Crystal Tower after you do all of the Tearoom dungeons, some weird void at the bottom of the fore mentioned tower, which leads to some major boss battle that requires six broken seals.
I’ve been tackling the dungeons one per night since each of them ends with a battle against either an anti-Ifrit, anti-Shiva, or anti-Ramuh stack consisting of all three transfigurations of each. You can only capture the small one, but you receive transfiguration gems for each upon winning, too. The small ones aren’t easy to catch either. First, you have to break the stack, since you can’t catch stacked enemies. Then, to make it even more difficult, once the biggest one has their next turn, they re-stack, so you only have a limited number of chances to imprism the little Mirage. This throws a wrench in the “hit them with their prismatunity (thing that makes them catchable) multiple times.” I got lucky with the Shiva one Brrblizz in that my turns lined up nicely so I was able to hit her with blizzard twice and then catch the first time.
I debated doing the fourth dungeon last night, but it was too late and I was too tired. Plus I want to do some leveling. I grabbed a ton of Mirages and I need to do that.
What I Played
- Circuits – I’m not sure how I feel about this one. It’s another music game, but it’s not a rhythm one. Instead you have to put a piece of music together from parts. You can listen to it as many times as you want, but it’s harder than it seems. The music is a combination of ambient and electronic, which may be why I’m on the fence about the game. I like both ambient and electronic, but the melody seems to be lacking a bit. At least I only spent $1.50 for it.
- AVICII Invector – I play through “Waiting for Love” and “Lay Me Down” almost every night.
- Golf Peaks – This is getting more difficult. I’m down to maybe completing one puzzle a night, because they’re turning into head scratchers. It took me a few nights to get the latest one, and by the time I was done I was too fried to try another. I haven’t looked up any solutions…at least not yet.
What I Watched
- Resident Evil 2 (CJUGames) – I just finished watching his playthrough of Leon’s scenario. He’s going to do Claire’s B one next. The underground lab looks a lot like the Drum in FFVIIR even with the creepy green light, but I guess that’s par for the course with inhuman and unethical experimentation. Like holy fuck…reading through the journals is harrowing. What’s implied is nothing less than nauseating, and I’m not even talking about the mutations D:
- Age of Calamity (Olizandri) – I kind of snoozed on this a bit, but started watching again. Someone on tumblr had gifs about a scene I really want to see. I’m more interested in the story than the gameplay though lol.
No new houses on the horizon sadly. Also, holy shit it’s December. I better do some shopping this weekend.