A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
Nothing this week.
What I Finished
Nothing this week.
What I DNF’d
- What Remains of Edith Finch – I honestly almost forgot I’d started playing this then stopped. Not because I don’t like it, but I thought I hadn’t reviewed it based on the LP I watched, but I did. I don’t have any issue replaying a game, but with so many on my backlog, I figured I’d move on to something else.
What I’m Playing
System: Nintendo Switch
I remember either reading or talking to Kim of Later Levels about this, and I’ve had it not only on my backlog but my Switch itself for a while. I figure it’s a good game to play for 4 in February. It’s absolutely gorgeous with an aesthetic that reminds me of Child of Light’s watercolor graphics and fluidity.
The title itself is French for “grey,” and indeed it takes place in a grey and empty land where a girl once protected by a stone goddess has lost her voice. Initially one of the “action” buttons only makes her fall to her knees, while the other causes an attempt to sing with only breath or a plaintive cry emerging. Eventually she can jump, float, and turn to stone, but the loss of her voice remains. So far I’ve brought back three colors, though I’m afraid I moved too far forward and missed some stuff. I’m hoping I’ll be able to go back and re-explore some.
The game is about four hours to finish and less than eight on average to fully complete, so I’m hopeful!
Title: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Series: Etrian Odyssey
System: Nintendo 3DS
I think I played a little bit. Just trying to make enough money to get the best weapons and armor before I take on the boss again. Whatever level I end up on after that endeavor is the level I end up on.
What I Played
- Picross S5 – I finished all of the Mega Puzzles and only have the regular ones left.
- AVICII Invector
- Picross S4 – I started replaying this to do the Mega Puzzle again lol. They’ve become my favorite.
What I Demoed
- Bravely Default II (Final Demo) – I’m definitely buying this when it comes out. I like how this game goes more into the story than the first. I played for about two hours than decided to delete the download since the progress won’t transfer to the actual game, and I don’t want to repeat too much. I’ve played enough to know I enjoy it.
- Balan’s Wonderworld – It’s cute and an interesting platformer, but I’m not sure I’m going to buy it. Squeenix is getting enough of my money with Bravely Default II and all the FFVII stuff I buy. Maybe if it goes on sale in the future.
- Thomas Was Alone – I love this. It’s just rectangles doing platforming, which was shown to be more than enough with The Impossible Game. The background narration and spiffy little music is so cute that it becomes an experience. The puzzling is stellar, too. It’s a simple concept with such potential for complexity in execution.
- Fallen Legion Revenants – Passing. My timing is terrible with this lol. It’s an automatic side-scrolling action RPG, and I’m not interested in the story enough to continue.
What I Watched
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (Olizandri) – Finished the first and immediately started the second. I’m loving this series a lot. I’ll probably play it myself some time in the future, and definitely plan to play Trails of Cold Steel.
- Resident Evil 3 (CJUGames) – I finished RE2 and started 3 the other day. The more I watch the more similarities I see with FFVII. I don’t remember if I mentioned how much the Nest facility in RE2 looked like the Drum in the FFVII Remake.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (Olizandri) – I haven’t been watching to, but I put it on earlier. I can always count on MM to get me through the work day.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 (Keith Ballard) – I actually forgot I’d started watching this it’s so sporadic lol. Since I DNF’d it a few years ago I always wanted to watch a Let’s Play, and I found one and saved it. It’s okay. I’m not super fond of his offhanded comments about FFXIII, but I can try to ignore them.
I don’t remember if I mentioned my test stream about a month ago. I mean it didn’t happen, but I was able to download the software and get it to work on my computer, so that won’t be a problem. The issue I had was with the sound. I could hook up my microphone and headphones, and I could see the microphone was working, but it was either I listen to myself or the game, but not both. I haven’t yet figured out how to do two audio outs (if that’s what I need to do), but I need to test it in the other room so I can play the game on other TV. Once I do I can mess around with it more.
I think I’m missing HG on Twitch, so I will leave you all now so I can at least pop by to say hello 🙂