A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
- Bravely Default II – $59.99 @ Nintendo eShop
What I Finished
Nothing this week.
What I’m Playing
Title: Bravely Default II
Series: Bravely Default
System: Nintendo Switch
I knew I’d love this from the first demo. Octopath Traveler (which I’m hoping has a sequel in the works soon) was the first game to introduce me to the brave/default system, since I only played a little of the first game in the series.
The plot of II is very reminiscent of the old school Final Fantasies with a major focus on the Crystals. Princess Gloria is the last scion of the royal house of Musa, a Destroyed Home Town, and she is currently looking to regain the Crystals her family guarded and maintained. In the kingdom of Halcyonia, where she’s been granted refuge, she and her loyal retainer Sir Sloan rescue Seth the main character who washed ashore after being shipwrecked due to the sea’s violence in wake of the lost Water Crystal. Later they join up with Elvis, a scholar/black mage, and Adelle, his bodyguard, and together they go adventuring around the world looking for the Crystals. Everyone has a different accent, too, which is really cute. Gloria uses RP English, Elvis is Scottish, Adelle has an Irish lilt, and Seth sounds like he has an American accent. Since I’m in Elvis’ hometown now, I see that everyone there has a brogue, too, so there is some internal consistency.
Oh, and the obvious villain both looks and sounds like a Spanish Sephiroth. I’m fucking serious GOOGLE IT. I nearly died laughing like omfg wut are you doing Squeenix. Like it was already hilarious in the Project Triangle Strategy game I demoed with the evil archduke and his siblings (though they were definitely channeling a Game of Thrones vibe with the good king getting beheaded right in front of his daughter, so they could’ve been modeling them after Targaryens idk). Anyway, it’s like become sort of an inside joke where they’re not even trying to hide who the villain is anymore unless they’re going to bait and switch, which I would absolutely respect.
System: Nintendo Switch
I’ve been too wrapped up in my new purchase to play this, but I do want to go back to it.
Title: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Series: Etrian Odyssey
System: Nintendo 3DS
I should probably just go ahead and put this on hold until I at least finish BDII. I’m not going to spend time leveling in this when I have that to play. I’m not giving up on it, but it doesn’t make sense to keep putting it here when I’m not actually playing it.
What I Played
- Picross S4 – I pretty much finished all of the Mega Puzzles except for the last, which I haven’t been able to get.
- Picross S3 – So now I’m replaying the Mega Puzzles on this one. I hope they release an S6 soon.
What I Demoed
- Project Triangle Strategy – Huh…I thought I talked about this before, but I guess I didn’t. So per an email from Squeenix I decided to demo this. I was supposed to fill out a survey afterwards, but I didn’t complete the demo since I decided I was interested even though I’m not usually into strategy games. The plot is compelling, the voice acting is stellar, and the aesthetic looks like Octopath (they really like what they did with that game…as they should). I attempted to fill out the survey, but since I didn’t do the fore mentioned, well, yeah. I think that was the whole reason they wanted to submit this for demo and I totally flubbed it. Oh well.
What I Watched
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (Olizandri) – I didn’t watch as much of this as I normally do. It’s my usual go to for work, but I’ve been rewatching Cracked After Hours lol and another of Oliz’s LPs.
- Super Mario 3D World (Olizandri) – I’m really hoping nothing is going on with this game, since he usually posts a video a day and it’s been like four days since his last update on it. He’s still posting videos for other games, but I know this one isn’t finished, plus he’s going to play the Bowser game next.
Now that I’ve finished WandaVision, I started watching this show The Sinner. Like instantly hooked. I needed something to watch the week of the Amazon strike because I’m in the position where I don’t have to cross the picket line, and Prime is included. I am still reading my Kindle, but I didn’t see that on the list so I think it’s okay? Anyway The Sinner is really interesting. It’s one of those crime procedurals, but it’s…different. Either that or I haven’t watched enough things like this lol.
I’m exhausted (I know right??? SO OUT OF THE ORDINARY). But more so than usual. I had to go into the office to clean out my desk. Calm down; I didn’t get fired; it’s just something everyone had to do since we’ve been remote for over a year and will continue to be until at least September. I had a time slot between 1-5 and it literally took all that time. As I got into my car to drive over I realized my inspection was up in March so yay, and I can’t avoid driving since I have two doctors’ appointments next week that I don’t want to push back. I’m going to make the appointment for the inspection so that if I do (god forbid) get pulled over, I can at least say that. I thought it was up at the end of March, but I must’ve squeaked it in right before quarantine. It’s not like I really drive much anymore (remember when my battery was dead for like two months?), but I obviously want to be able to, so I need to get it taken care of.