A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
- Tangle Tower – $11.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Picross S6 (Picross/Picross S) – $9.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- The Missing: J. J. Macfield and the Island of Memories – $7.50 @ Nintendo eShop
What I Finished
Nothing these past two weeks.
What I’m Playing
Title: Bravely Default II
Series: Bravely Default
System: Nintendo Switch
I was able to defeat the final Hall of Tribulations, or at least the final one I can do right now. There’s one more near Musa that can’t be done until Chapter 7, and you fight the final boss in Chapter 6. I’m at that point; I just need to prepare for it. I’m guessing there’s a robust after game, or the second fight with the final boss is the true ending. I finally found a good grind tactic. There’s a stronger enemy between the city of Holograd and the volcano where I fought the devil optional boss. To reset him, you just have to run into and out of that cave, and he gives you like 500 JP per battle. With JP enhancing equipment and abilities, you can gain like two job levels each time.
I think I’m going to grind up some more job levels to teach some necessary skills then go face the final boss. I have a pretty good set up right now, but since it shouldn’t take too long I might as well.
What I Played
- Picross S6 – Now Picross S4’s update made sense, although I didn’t see anything on that game. I think it has to do with the new one. I downloaded this and have been playing it to unwind.
- AVICII Invector – I just got the urge to play this one night a week ago. It’s one of those things I can just vibe to when I’m stressed (and boy have I been stressed…)
What I Watched
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (CJUGames) – Yup, this was supremely fucked up, but not scary in the SOMA sense. I enjoyed watching it, even though now I’ve kind of spoiled The Dark Descent by watching analyses of this one. Ah well, I might still give it a try.
- Bravely Default II (Olizandri) – Watching Oliz has been giving me much better ideas/tips even though I’m a bit farther ahead of what he’s posting on YouTube. He just finished up Wiswald’s last bit of side quests after the story moved on from there and is deciding which of the first three towns to go back to first since it gives you that option. I honestly just never thought of switching out White Mage with Red Mage for a healer in the subjob, and I’m annoyed at myself for that. I think because the stronger your restorative powers the stronger Cure based magic is whereas with the Red Mage’s it’s a base amount (1000, 2000, or 3000), but it’s still a good replacement and would actually give you more options since you wouldn’t need to worry about the restorative power stat.
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Olizandri) – Despite my friend’s valid annoyance with me not watching the anime (though we discussed how it’s difficult when you have to do it in another room lol), I’ve just been feeling the itch to see these again. They’re complex enough and my memory is bad enough that I don’t recall all the intricate details, plus they’re really well written murder mysteries.
Huh, last update was a sleepy day, too. It took both caffeine pills and actual coffee and I’m still out of it. I’ve been using my little desk elliptical, and I erroneously thought I wouldn’t pay the price for my overzealousness. I was wrong. I noticed I was too tired to write after using it on Tuesday so I forewent yesterday to get some of that in. Today I “woke up” (if you can call it that), and I’ve been fighting sleep all day. I’m going to try to go to bed early, but the problem with that is I usually just wake up in the middle of the night and fight insomnia. It’s a frustrating situation.
In good news I made an appointment for my first Covid shot. It’s at the end of the month since there’s a lot going on in May, but it’s going to happen.