A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
- Thomas Was Alone – $4.99 @ Nintendo eShop
What I’m Playing
Title: The Lost Child
Series: El Shaddai
System: Nintendo Switch
I couldn’t pass up a dungeon crawler on sale for $10 as opposed to it’s regular $50. I’m really glad I didn’t spend $50 on this. It’s fine for what it is, and I’m definitely not playing it for the story or voice acting because that leaves a little to be desired. It’s sort of an amalgamation of Biblical (angels/fallen angels and demons), the Cthulhu Mythos (I was literally running from Nyarlathotep on R’lyeh Road), and some Norse Mythology. Lua (which I’m thinking is a reference to a Roman goddess), your companion character is kind of annoying, but meh? I’m enjoying the exploration and catching the monsters or Astrals. I’m still trying to figure out the best way to level them up and which ones I should focus on. According to howlongtobeat.com this is around a 40 hour game for the main story and twice that for completionists.
Title: Tales of Vesperia
System: Nintendo Switch
I started the last dungeon just to see what it would be like. I have a few more small side quests to do, but you can leave Tarqaron at any time. I was hoping to grind up half a million Gald for one of the, but I’m still only at 100k. I’m annoyed at myself because the tower has a pad warp system, but you can’t activate it until you’re right before one of the final bosses. You have to turn immediately left after climbing this big staircase, and I wound up just looking it up, so now I have that set up. I’m thinking there are places I can only get to through the pads, so that’s my next goal.
What I Played
I’m kind of over Pic-a-Pix Deluxe. I want more classic (the non-color) puzzles. They’re simpler and I just want simple right now.
What I Watched
- Song of Horror – I should probably finish this. It’s pretty good, and I’m curious about what happens.
- Mor – Holy shit the end of this is fucked up. It’s really short, maybe an hour long, and I’m super impressed by how much they did in that hour. The voice acting is stellar and as mentioned the ending is…wow.
- Summer of ’58 – Another “explore a creepy abandoned place” game, but it’s a common formula for a reason.
- Rabbit Hill – Another intersting one with a bit of an unexpected ending. Though horror does tend to do that. It wouldn’t be horror if you thought you were completely safe when it all ended.
- Harthorn – This one was surprisingly different from what I expected! Like it followed a particular pattern, but I was pleasantly surprised by how it mixed it up. It’s a slight slow burn and because I’m ridiculous I was actually watching it at night lol. Oddly enough it wasn’t scary in that way though.
- Barrow Hill – I have never laughed so fucking hard at the “monster” reveal. I thought I was going to pass the hell out. This…was entertaining for all the wrong reasons, but still entertaining. At least the voice acting is good.
- When Day Breaks – A SOMA mode using a creepy pasty from SCP. Something caused the sun to literally melt people. Reminds me of Inside and that one infected in TLOU2 that became an amalgamation. There’s also some of The Thing and subsequently Jenova in there with how it will mimic people in order to catch more, reveal it knows things, memories, voices, etc. After I finished watching it I looked up SCP-001 and yeaaaaah that is some horrifying shit. There are apparently other SCP games and I’ll have to look into them.
- Moons of Madness – Lovecraftian horror is always good fodder. This takes place on Mars where your character is a bit of a handyman/jack-of-all-trades. Then ultra shit goes down and he’s not only in the middle but also oddly involved in it.
- Tales of Vesperia
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth – I have to finish out my rewatch with this game. I’m hoping I’ll be done with Vesperia by the time I’m done so I can start the new AA game.
My brother and his wife bought a beach condo after years of her wanting one and I’m visiting them this weekend for our little brother’s birthday. I’m hoping we miss the shore traffic. Of course I’m bringing my Switch lol. I can’t go anywhere without that for long :p