A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
- Deemo – $14.99 ($12.99) @ Nintendo eShop
What I Demoed
- Voice of Cards: The Isle Dragon Roars – I kept running into the word “Advent” left and right a few weeks ago. I was watching The Sinking City, a Lovecraft inspired horror game where one of the main throughfares was Advent Avenue. Then YouTube kept recommending I rent/watch Advent Children, Tales of Berseria had an event called the Advent, and then this game has a Castle Advent. Granted this is a Squeenix game, which of course means the music is fucking lit. The voice acting is excellent, too. The narrator sounds like a crusty, old storyteller. I’m 100% buying this when it comes out on the 28th. It’s like Final Fantasy meets Magic: The Gathering (not that I know anything about Magic: The Gathering. It’s just Final Fantasy with cards). I spent around three hours playing through the entirety of the demo, and I’ve been playing the in-game card game almost every day. I like it almost as much as I like Triple Triad, which has long been my favorite FF card game.
What I’m Playing
Title: Tales of Berseria
System: PlayStation 4 (PlayStation Vita)
Haven’t played nearly as much of this as I wanted. I’m still in the first dungeon, but I’ve made sure I talked to all the people with side quest indicators. I really wish I could play this on a handheld because a it’s often late when I can actually start playing and, well, my PS4 is in the bedroom so it’s inconvenient when my husband wants to go to bed. What I might do is try to finish up The Lost Child and then I can have more time for this.
Title: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Series: Ace Attorney
System: Nintendo Switch
It is so difficult not to go bonkers on Pinterest and especially tumblr in looking up Lord Barok van Zieks omg. I want to read ALL the fanfic and look at ALL the pictures of him so badly, but I don’t want to be spoiled. I’m in the final case of the game now, and I know that’s where all of the tragic back story is going to be revealed, so I just have to bide my time. Ace Attorney games always wind up being about the prosecutor’s redemption, but knowing that doesn’t remotely take away any of my enjoyment.
Title: The Lost Child
Series: El Shaddai
System: Nintendo Switch
I’ve been trying to make progress on the optional (?) dungeon R’lyeh Road. It has 100 floors and I’m on the 10th? Each floor has a gimmick to solve in order to collect a jewel, but once you do the latter that releases Nyarlathotep (which is really just an enhanced version of a regular enemy) whom you either have to avoid or fight. The last floor he appeared right behind me and the room door locked until I beat him, so it always helps to be prepared. I think you can find some items to unlock certain Astrals (collectible monsters) that you couldn’t anywhere else, at least that’s the limited information I’ve found on GameFAQS. There’s really not a lot of info about this game and no walkthroughs at all. I usually play this while doing my desk elliptical since it makes that time go by quickly. I’m in the very last main dungeon of the game, too, but I only just got to the second floor. I don’t know how much of R’lyeh Road I’m going to walk before I finish. I might just see what floors have the items I need to unlock the Astrals.
What I’m Playing
- Deemo – It’s been on my wish list forever and finally went on sale so I picked it up. Because I had some points to cash in, I got it for even slightly less than the sale price. I love rhythm games and this one is really cute and whimsical.
What I Watched
- Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok – Kind of your standard point-and-click horror game using Norse Mythology…loosely.
- Barrow Hill: The Dark Path – I will never forget how I almost passed out from laughter watching the first Barrow Hill where the dude was killed by moving rock in a gas station. This is the game I’m currently watching.
- Scratches – I’m still in the midst of this but I saw the LP of Barrow Hill: The Dark Path and just got into that. I’ll come back to Scratches afterwards. He refers to the game so much in his other let’s plays I had to see what it was about.
- The Building 71 Incident – This was a weird “don’t look at the moon” game, which…it’s also really weird that that’s its own subgenre.
- Hatch – Creepy game about a random hatch and evil doubles
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars – Always a fun watch.
- Ys 2 Chronicles
- Ys Origin – They made a creative decision to have the opening of the game in French. I thought it would be in Japanese if anything else. Also this game has cursing in it. The Spirited Girl character literally calls Yunica Tovah (your character) a “little shit.” I wasn’t expecting that. I haven’t watched much more of this though.
- Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap – Oliz is currently only playing posting The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Tales of Arise, a game I’m currently playing and one I want to play. After I finish the AA game I’m going to watch his LP, but I have no idea when I’m going to play Arise. Part of me just wants to watch it, but I much prefer playing a game first then watching it. Once I get through Berseria I can watch his LP of that, too. I’ve been re-watching Minish Cap on sort of a whim to unwind because it’s my favorite Zelda to just watch.
Remember I said I was going to use this as my “what am I watching” update, too? That’s not happening this week either, but I have been obsessed with Ted Lasso OH MY GOD. Ted Lasso is so fucking good. I’m trying to catch up as fast as I can . I was watching this show Ragnarok, but I stopped after the firt episode of season 2 for some reason. A bunch of shows just came back though since it’s fall now, so I have a bit to catch up on. Spoiler alert: they’re all cartoons on Hulu.