A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Demoed
Nothing this time.
What I Purchased
- Picross S7 – $9.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Bravely Default – $39.99 ($13.49) @ Nintendo eShop
What I Finished
Nothing this time.
What I’m Playing
Title: Etrian Odyssey Nexus
Series: Etrian Odyssey
System: Nintendo 3DS
I have moved into the spreadsheet making phase of playing lol. I love my spreadsheets. It just makes item organization much easier, especially now that I have duplicates of some classes. I registered more characters since I have this Memory Conch item that will allow you to share experience with inactive party members, and I noticed the new ones I made before were at like level 20. I haven’t taken any of them out yet, but I like the idea of having two of a class like Zodiac (magic user) and Hero.
I wound up buying two DLCs that pretty much “broke” the game. I remember this from the first Etrian Odyssey I played (I think it was V?). There are these two items, a Growth Badge and another one for money (I forget what it’s called). You pick them as missions and fight one battle in a labyrinth. When you report back, you get enough experience for like five levels from the Growth Badge and 40k ental for the other. It’s bananas, but even more bananas is you can KEEP DOING IT over and over again. I currently have over 200k ental and my top characters are over level 50.
I re-fought Harpuia, the boss of Petal Bridge who kept kicking my ass in the last EO I played, in order to get her conditional drop. It was kind of a pain in the ass since you need to kill her with Curse damage which procs when the enemy makes a move. The problem is it doesn’t take off that much (maybe 75 HP?), and I didn’t want to kill her myself, but it’s hard to get Curse on and it only lasts three turns or so. I think I had to curse her three times before I finally got it, and in the interim I had to keep my characters alive. It wasn’t too terrible though and now I’ve unlocked another end game weapon…which are in the 500k ental range 🤯 (but of course with my DLC badges I could have that in no time lol). There are some other bosses to re-fight for conditional drops, but per the videos I’ve found I’m going to wait until sub-classes open up.
What I Watched
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus – I saw he’d started this but I just started watching it near the end of the work day. I’ve been struggling to find LPs to watch, but this seems pretty fun so far. I watched a little bit of his LP of Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights, but I couldn’t get into it.
- Hungry Goriya
- Phantasy Star – I went on this great re-watch of HG’s let’s plays, and this was next on my list!
- Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
- King’s Quest: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder
- Outlast – I watched a little of this and will probably come back to it at some point.
- Decrypt – This was…interesting. It gave me SOMA vibes but wound up be something else entirely.
- The Evil Within – This is what I’m watching instead of Outlast lol. I’m very curious about what’s going on.
- The Heilwald Loophole – There’s something extra creepy about old school graphics especially now that devs could use more realistic ones; it’s a stylistic choice to create a particular atmosphere, and that atmosphere is creepy AF. I think it might touch on our “Uncanny Valley” sensors, because people/things don’t look right. This is about an institution of some sort where no one dies/is killed and you keep looping back with some items and knowledge from the previous one (like you literally fall through a “loop hole.”) As I am a long time traveler of horror tropes, I’m particularly chilled by the prospect of “no one dies.” Once again I’m reminded of SOMA with the WAU.
I finally got the SD card situation sorted, and I’m glad I have a slot for it on my laptop, because the network option was not working. Per everything I found, you needed to have either Windows 7 or 8 and I have Windows 10. No clue how to make it compatible, and Reddit wasn’t forthcoming (that’s where Google led me). I was also happy the mini-SD card game with a larger one it could fit into because that’s the slot my computer has. So I was able to buy Bravely Default with the remains of my gift card and pick up Picross, which I can play while doing my desk elliptical (which I need to hop on after I post this). I found this month long, daily, core strengthening thing to try, too, so I’ll bid you all adieu to make sure I do both 🙂