A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Demoed
- Edge of Eternity (Nintendo Switch) – I like this. The voice acting is excellent, and I’m already drawn into the story. The demo does a great job getting you interested in the characters and making you care about them and their plight before ending. Their banter is really good and I’m cool with the battle system. It’s also an indie game and I always like supporting the smaller guys.
- Oninaki – Another Squeenix action RPG. The battle system is totally doable and there’s a casual setting. I’ll definitely pick this up at some point, though I can understand the critiques about the MC. He’s a stone cold jackass. I understand the psychology behind it, but I’m hearing he doesn’t get much better throughout, which is a shame if they miss out on character development.
- Yoku’s Island Express – This game is adorable. I never thought you could make a game like this around the concept of pinball but then again why not? Sonic the Hedgehog is pretty much that. The music is bangin’, the graphics are adorable, and the gameplay is fun and intuitive.
What I Purchased
- Palindrome Syndrome: Escape Room – $4.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- LOST Sphear – $19.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Star Ocean First Departure R (Star Ocean) – $8.39 @ Nintendo eShop
- I Am Setsuna – $19.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Final Fantasy X/Final Fantasy X-2 Remaster (Final Fantasy X/Final Fantasy) – $24.99 @ Nintendo eShop
Squeenix has all my fucking money! 😭