A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Demoed
Nothing this time.
What I Purchased
- Picross S: Genesis & Master System Edition (Picross S, Picross) – $7.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Jessika – $1.84 @ Nintendo eShop
What I Finished
Nothing this time.
What I’m Playing
Title: Triangle Strategy
Series: HD-2D Series
System: Nintendo Switch
Date Started: March 20, 2022
I’m currently super salty about this right now. I lost my first persuasion and it was a game changing one like I can no longer fulfill the Golden Route because of this. At one point you have to make a choice on whether or not to deliver ill-gotten goods and I was going to do it, because it made sense in terms of the long game, but apparently I didn’t have enough of some conviction to convince enough people so I failed the persuasion, which means I’m a “chapter behind” and now miss out on meeting a certain character in Aesfrost.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t keeping numerous save spots either, so my earliest one was all the way back in Chapter 3. I’m still not entirely giving up on the idea of starting back there, but on the other hand I don’t really have the time to play through all of that again with the hopes I’ll be able to make the persuasion. I plan to watch a let’s play of the game, but I’m still really bummed out about this
Oh! And what’s going on in the capital city is super…cringe, but like in a good way? Like it makes sense that it’s happening, and it’s definitely way more Game of Thrones like. I’m not sure how far they’re going to go with it, but yeah…I don’t really want to give anything away, but it lives sort of rent free in my head.
Title: Etrian Odyssey Nexus
Series: Etrian Odyssey
System: Nintendo 3DS
I fought a mini-boss and am a little annoyed I (again) killed it before I could get the conditional drop, though it was a fairly easy boss, so it won’t be too terrible to rematch once it respawns.
What I’m Watching
- Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel – I really love this game. I’m almost halfway through and there are still lots of things to find out. I love how each character isn’t quite noble and isn’t quite common, which is a great way to show how arbitrary such distinctions are. Also Rean is like the best boy. He’s such a natural peacekeeper and leader, which is why he keeps getting thrown into situations where classmates conflict.
- Iron Lung – You’re a convict looking for freedom by taking a derelict sub into a sea of blood on an alien moon in the universe’s literal darkest hour, the Quiet Rapture, where all the stars and planets just disappeared. This game was silently horrifying and the ending, while expected, wasn’t remotely cheap.
- Darkwood – I started watching this but it wasn’t super engaging for me at least not yet. It’s supposed to be the scariest game without jump scares, which is what drew me to it, but it seems to be a slow starter.
I’m hoping I get over my disappointment about Triangle Strategy soon. I have played it since, but my enthusiasm has gone done. I’m at the point where I just kind of want to finish it so I can watch it. Every time I play I’m just reminded that I missed out on something. It’s a good thing the battles and gameplay are engaging.