A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Demoed
Nothing this time.
What I Purchased
- The Game of Life 2 – $20.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- The Gardens Between – $3.99 @ Nintendo eShop
What I Finished
Nothing this time.
What I’m Playing
Title: Triangle Strategy
Series: HD-2D Series
System: Nintendo Switch
Date Started: March 20, 2022
Peeps…I may DNF this one and I feel really bad about that because I honestly like it, but I haven’t felt the motivation to play in weeks. That failed persuasion really bothers me and even though my idea was to fight some mock battles with Erador (the character I have to convince), I’m just…not feeling it. It doesn’t help that I can just watch Oliz’s LP of it and chill AND I have Voice of Cards to play as well (which has a DLC to play afterwards). I haven’t taken the step yet with the LP (I’m currently embroiled in Trails of Cold Steel and Horizon Zero Dawn in that area), but it’s probably going to happen. Also, who knows; maybe watching it will spur me to play again.
Title: Etrian Odyssey Nexus
Series: Etrian Odyssey
System: Nintendo 3DS
I can’t believe I’m going to say this but this game has kind of gotten too easy lol. With the fast way to level and gain money, it’s such a breeze. I still like the mapping and exploration, and I do still need to re-fight some of the bosses to get their conditional drops, but I just haven’t been playing as much of this lately. Granted, I have been pretty depressed, which is why I’ve been hesitant to DNF this or Triangle Strategy, but if another game sparks joy, I’m going to try it.
What I Played
- Picross 2 – I deleted the data from this and started over. Since my memory is shit it’s like having a whole new game!
- Picross 7 – Ditto for this one lol.
- Pic-a-Pix Pieces – Just more puzzle games
- Uno – Great to play while doing desk elliptical!
- The Game of Life 2 – It’s really cute and you can marry whatever gender you want. They even have three gender options. I stan.
- Monopoly for Nintendo Switch – I’ve lost each time I’ve played lol.
What I’m Watching
- Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel – Wow. This was bananas. I’ve never seen a game quite like this, but then again I’ve never really played Nihon Falcon. What I loved was how involved you get with the NPCs. It seems like overkill to constantly talk to people over and over again, but it really fleshes out the world. The amount of people you get to know is so important to the overarching story, and it really shows how multifaceted everyone is since a lot of those people turn out to be antagonists lol. But you have an established rapport with them, so it makes it both heart-wrenching yet intriguing to find out where they fall, and their causes isn’t unjustified, which is the entire point.
- Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II – Starts off right where the first game lets off, though still a month afterwards, which is wise storytelling since it gives time for things to have happened. I only watched the first video, but I’m already all in
- Horizon Zero Dawn – I’ve slowed down a bit with this one because there’s a lot of side quests in between the main story, but the main story is hella interesting. I now know why the game has the title it has, but now I just have more questions lol.
- Grandia II – I was hoping he’d play this even since I saw his LP of Grandia (I). This was the one I played back in the day on the Dreamcast. I think it was one of the first RPGs of the era with voice acting, and the voice acting is actually really good. Me and my brother loved Ryudo’s snarky attitude and jokes, and I think I related to that hardcore because he was obviously using that to deflect some past trauma. It’s funny watching this game because I’m really think I got some inspiration from this for my first novel. It’s not 100% of course, but there is an escort mission for a priestess type that turns into way more than the escort bargained for.
- Witching Hour – Just started this today and it’s sufficiently interesting enough for me to keep going. A father moves his two daughters back to the house he grew up in and spooky shit ensues. I’m pretty sure the father is hiding stuff from them.
- Bonbon – Horror through the eyes of a toddler so you don’t even know what’s actually going on. Is it really horrifying or is it just a child’s imagination?
- Peridium – This was a bit predictable, but the voice acting was solid and it told a really sad, good story.
- Is Simon There?
- The Shore – I don’t remember how I found this guy, but I feel bad I forgot to mention him before lol. I wound up watching him play through Iron Lung, which was creepy as fuck. His reactions…are priceless. In this game he has the best scream when he sees some tentacles.
- Siren Rex Maria – More underwater horror!
- SWAN Chernobyl Unexplored – SWAN stands for something even more disturbing than an angry water chicken. Pair that with Chernobyl and shit is going to go down.
Yup, another week of this being posted on Friday, but this time I actually didn’t do it because my to-do list had it pushed to Friday from me doing that last time. I didn’t think it would change the whole biweekly schedule but here we are. I guess I just have to get used to the new app.
I probably added some LPs and games that I have been playing from weeks before. I noticed I didn’t have the section for non-story based games anymore and wanted to make sure I added that back in. Those games have been holding me down lately. They’re my go to when I need something to occupy my mind and my hands, and I usually play them while either watching an LP or something I’ve seen before on Netflix.