A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Demoed
Nothing this time.
What I Purchased
Nothing this time.
What I Finished
Nothing this time.
What I DNF’d
Title: Triangle Strategy
Series: HD-2D Series
System: Nintendo Switch
Date Started: March 20, 2022
Date DNF: May 21, 2022
Will I possibly come back to this? Yes, but not right now. I’m going to count it as a “played” for this year though since I think I got through enough of it to count.
So, uh, there’s something I really need to discuss with this game, and it’s something Squeenix likes to imply or symbolize but never go full-fledged. It’s not only spoiler territory, but I need to throw out a CW as well, so here we go.
*Spoiler* CW: Implications of rape/sexual assault and forced pregnancy
So the Archduke Gustadolph was planning or actually married the hostage Princess Cordelia in order to have a puppet/pawn ruler, which. is fine, but then he says something about how “once she’s pregnant with my heir” and I literally
Now Squeenix has implied this kind of stuff before I mean Sephiroth’s real mother is named Lucrecia (look up the source), but this was pretty blatant.
“But this is just speculation!” you say. Okay, let’s say it was just the plan but the good guys take back the city before it happens. Cool. The first conversation you have with Cordelia after that, she passes out…
Then she faints again the next time you see her. Now by this time I was watching Olizandri’s Let’s Play of it, and damn near everyone on the stream was in full agreement with me about the princess being preg.
I don’t think they wanted to make it blatant, and there are some caveats. Cordelia can join your party as a cleric, and in different scenarios she has a known physical injury. In the Golden Route one I saw though, that didn’t happen, and the only explanation for why she kept passing out was because she was “exhausted.” Huh. Both me and the Evil Wizard agree it would be extremely dark for Squeenix to go this route (call it the Dark Route), but I really can’t shake off the heavy implications that they kind of did. *end spoiler*
Anyway so I drafted a fanfiction after reading one similar because I’m a terrible person who cannot be redeemed 🙃
Title: Etrian Odyssey Nexus
Series: Etrian Odyssey
System: Nintendo 3DS
It was over a month; it was time to declare it DNF. It’s the same thing that happened with Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth. I got really close to the end then stopped playing because I was over-leveled.
I’m counting both this and Triangle Strategy for my “Games Played for 2022” even though I didn’t finish them. I got through enough for it to count.
What I’m Playing
I’m literally not playing any (story based) game right now, though I’ve still been busy watching LPs. I planned to start another game but just haven’t had the time yet with everything else I’m doing. I think this is the first time since I’ve started this update that I’ve had nothing in this section.
What I Played
- Picross 6
- Picross 7
What I’m Watching
- Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II – I started the second video of this since I finished up Horizon Zero Dawn. It’s nice to get back to this world.
- Grandia II – I don’t know why I have less interest in this one, but I’ve noticed I haven’t been as hyped to watch it as I thought I would be when he played the first Grandia game. I don’t quite remember what the big reveal was, though I’m know it has to do with the Church of Granas being lying liars.
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Frozen Wilds – I wound up just watching a story summary of this because he started playing Horizon Forbidden West and I knew this was just a DLC side story. Not “just,” but you know what I mean.
- Horizon Forbidden West – My god I love these games. They are so well done. Sometimes with narratives that focus on what happened to make the world the way it is, the current situation and the lives of people currently living are pushed to the side, but not with the HZD series. Nearly all of the characters are presented in a way that you can imagine their lives outside of Aloy’s interactions with them, and you sometimes forget that this is a post-apocalyptic world made this way due to *spoiler* literally one man’s hubris* end spoiler* While she’s in the towns interacting with these fleshed out NPCs, you don’t feel bored or annoyed that you’re not finding out more about the past, so you’re almost surprised when that’s thrust to the fore again.
- The Witching Hour – Really solid “what evil lurks behind the locked door” horror game.
- SCP 701 – Y’all…this dude has the best reactions to scary shit. He screams like me and is terrified of being chased, too. I’m pretty sure he just plays horror games for the views, because he doesn’t seem to like them lol.
I almost pushed this off to Friday, but I got it done tonight. Now…I have a fanfic draft to work on God forgive me…