A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
Games Demoed: 0
Games Purchased: 3
- The House of Da Vinci III (The House of Da Vinci) – $5.99 @ iTunes Store
- Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden (Voice of Cards) – $26.59 @ Nintendo eShop
- Cris Tales – $13.99 @ Nintendo eShop
Games Finished: 0
Games DNF’d: 0
Currently Playing: 1
Title: The House of Da Vinci III
Series: The House of Da Vinci
System: iOS (iPhone)
These devs don’t get nearly enough credit. This is honestly one of the best point-and-click puzzle games ever, and I’m so happy I found it after playing The Room series. It’s only available on iOS or Android (I think this one is on Android; I played the others on my Kindle), and it’s also only around $5, which isn’t remotely what it’s worth. They’re selling themselves short. I’d pay at least three times as much for this game. The puzzles are actually intuitive. You’re not unlocking a door with a feather or baseball et al. They’re also just hard enough to hold your attention but not frustrate you. Also there’s a clue system that works in stages, and it will literally tell you the solution if you get too stuck. It’s up to you whether or not to use it, and you can turn it off if you don’t even want the temptation.
The story is actually pretty interesting, though I can’t quite remember what it is lol. It’s a historical fantasy involving Leonardo da Vinci and a time machine, and you play Giacomo, his loyal assistant. The voice acting is good, and I honestly don’t even want to include the next thing as a complaint because it really doesn’t matter, but the animation of the characters is a little weird. Not awful in the least, and considering this game is done by like three people, I’m not going to give them a hard time. You only really see them in cut scenes, and the gameplay more than makes up for it. I really should tweet this to show my support. Even though this is the last game in the series, I’m hoping Blue Brain Games continues to make more.
Games Played: 1
- Picross S3
Let’s Plays Watched: 2
- Horizon Forbidden West – I ugly cried this week. One of the things that always gets me is injustice. Something unjust happened, and I am not okay. There’s one thing I’ve noticed about games or really any story I really love. There’s at least one aspect of it I absolutely fucking detest. This true of FFVII. This is true of ASOIAF, and it’s been true of HZD since I found out about Ted fucking Faro. But the way I hate it is not due to any deficiency in the narrative, but rather shows it’s so well done it’s incited this kind of emotion. Now, there are some things I could say about the particular thing that happened that are critiques, but I need to think about it first and do some research. My latest favorite NPCs are the Tenakth father and daughter where the father has dementia paired with PTSD. Also I can’t believe I just figured out where the tribe’s name comes from. They worship the Ten…Tenakth…TENakth.
- Live A Live – I am so glad I didn’t buy this game lol. I wouldn’t have liked it or finished it. Don’t get me wrong it’s very interesting, but I’m glad I found Oliz’s LP. My favorite story is still the far future, horror one. The last one is happening now in the wild west.
Changed up the headers a little bit to be more like the ones on my SOTR. I just think it’s a bit neater, and I got rid of the underlines. They’re unneeded. I can’t believe I haven’t bought any games since May, though I was playing Triangle Strategy then so I didn’t really need to. Cris Tales I picked up because $14 compared to it’s normal $40 is a damn good deal. I’ll probably play the VOC game I picked up after I finish Da Vinci, and yes, I still plan to play Stray. There’s also Tales of Berseria to get back to. As for LPs I have so many to catch up on. Olizandri started playing Xenoblade 3, and I still need to finish watching the first one, so I’m really behind. I also need to finish the Trails of Cold Steel series, which I haven’t watched since HZD.