A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
Games Demoed: 1
- The DioField Chronicles – It’s another Squeenix SRPG game with more realistic graphic than Triangle Strategy. I wasn’t into it but hopefully one of my LPers will play it so I can watch.
Games Purchased: 0*
Games Finished: 0
Games DNF’d: 0
Currently Playing: 1
Title: Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden
Series: Voice of Cards
System: Nintendo Switch
I was really into this when I first started it, but my interest has started to wane and I’m not sure why. There’s more backtracking in this game and I’ve only gone to two towns. I already have an idea of what a major twist is going to be. It’s something Squeenix has done before if I’m right.
Games Played: 6
I played more little puzzle games on my iPhone this week. Wound up (re)downloading The Room series of games (so 4 games). I love when puzzle games are intricate enough that you can play them again and still find a challenge. I’m currently playing The Room: Old Sins, which is sadly the last one they released that isn’t VR. I hope they either give the latest one a non-VR version or have that option for the next.
Machinika Museum was an interesting game about someone who tries to figure out alien artifacts. Another puzzle game of course. I liked it, but it was a bit glitchy and there was no help option. There’s going to be a sequel though, and I hope the devs take the suggestions into mind.
Riddlord is another free/cheap point-and-click that’s okay but not as good as some of the ones I found before. You can combine objects but it’s not clear exactly how to do that and it was a bit frustrating. At least there’s a help option.
Let’s Plays Watched: 6
- Xenoblade Chronicles – The going is still slow on watching this, and I feel like I’ve been in the same spot for a while, but I’m trying.
- Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 – I think it might be my general malaise that’s causing me to have less interest in this, though I am kind of worried for the characters lol. Things are not looking good and a lot of the people that I thought were decent aren’t. It’s thrown me for quite a loop, which is damn good storytelling and how Rean the MC probably feels, too.
- The Room – Haha yeah I’m rewatching his play-through of this because he’s so delighted with the puzzle/problem solving.
- Locked In – This was one of those low res, abandoned prison exploration horror games with a nice twist. The environments kept changing around you and the creep factor slowly seeps in. It’s only the first chapter so I’m hoping for more.
- Lake Ridden – This isn’t so much a horror game as a game set in a sort of eerie place. The MC is trying to figure out what happened to her sister and has to solve puzzles to advance.
- Call of the Sea – The absolute best game I watched in the past two weeks. It’s a Lovecraftian/Cthulhu based point-and-click puzzle game where the MC is trying to find her husband on this deserted Polynesian Island.
*I spent some money on the iPhone games, but I didn’t keep track of it, plus the amounts were probably under $5 each if that.
I’m still under the weather so I’m calling the doctor tomorrow. It’s annoying lol. I was hoping this would go away, but I may need to be re-evaluated for my asthma/lung function. I guess we’ll see. Once the weather/temperature stabilizes (if it ever does), things should get better? Idk anymore.