A biweekly post updated every other Wednesday detailing my current reading projects and what new titles I’ve added to my to-read list. Title links go to Goodreads, and if you have an account there feel free to friend me! I’d love to see what you’re reading and/or planning to read.
- The Past Is Red by Catherynne M. Valente – $5.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- The Year’s Best African Speculative Fiction by Various Authors – $6.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- Of Angels and Men by Jonathan Yanez (The Nephilim Chronicles) – $2.99 @ Amazon Kindle (omg if you’re at all familiar with the Final Fantasy series fucking click on this and please explain to me WHY NO ONE IS SAYING ANYTHING IN THE COMMENTS that’s literally the only reason I added it to read because I have zero qualms pointing this shit out on a public forum)
- My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me: Forty New Fairy Tales by Various Authors – $1.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- The Deathless Girls by Kiran Millwood Hargrave – $2.99 @ Amazon Kindle
Books Finished: 4
Title: Under the Whispering Door
Author: T. J. Klune
Date Added: June 27, 2021
Date Started: September 25, 2021
Date Finished: November 5, 2021
This was one of those stories where I knew what was (eventually) going to happen, but I didn’t know how they were going to pull it off, which is one of my favorite situations. I also just noticed the silhouette of the stag on the cover, which absolutely makes sense. There were also still some surprises, which Klune brilliantly foreshadowed. Psychpomp stories are always fun in general, but queer psychopomp stories are even better.