A weekly post updated every other Thursday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Purchased
Nothing this week.
What I Finished
Title: World of Final Fantasy Maxima
Series: Final Fantasy
System: Nintendo Switch
I was missing one Mirage, Garland, and needed to run around talking to characters in order to achieve 100% for Who’s Who. Apparently, I’m not the only one who had problems doing this, as the google revealed forum pages of others asking how.
I really hope Squeenix releases some DLCs for this, because there’s so much they could do with it. Add extra dungeons, more Mirages, more characters (like how many Final Fantasy characters even are there?? I should make a list lol), more towns/locations. The options are literally limitless.
I’ve already reviewed this, so I’m not going to do another full review. I might do an addendum to talk about the additions though.
What I’m Playing
Title: Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Series: Etrian Odyssey
System: Nintendo 3DS
I have a plan now that I’ve fought the 4th Stratum boss again. I definitely need to level and and/or get better weapons, which I need to make money for. Either way I can do both at the same time by grinding. My plan is to go through the stratum and hit all the collection and mining sites while fighting the FOEs. That should net me enough resources to afford the equipment as well as working on my levels.
What I Played
- Picross S5 – I’m now on the 15×15 megapuzzles, so I alternate between them and the regular ones.
- AVICII Invector – I felt like playing through some of my favorite songs the other night so I did.
- Golf Peaks – Well it finally happened…I wound up googling a solution. It was for puzzle 7-4. I think if I’d realized you didn’t need the move that popped the ball into the air to get up a hill I might’ve gotten it, because I was going off the premise that I could only use one particular card for the final move. I managed to solve the next puzzle, but I’m kind of stumped with 7-6, or it was late and I was tired lol.
What I Demoed
- Fitness Boxing – I’m going to buy it. I really wish I’d had the time/energy to play it again, because I really like it. I can do it sitting down (even though you’re supposed to stand, but eh, modification is okay), and I love rhythm games.
I just downloaded the final demo for Bravely Default II and another one for a game called Balan Wonderworld from Square Enix (actually, they’re both from Squeenix lol, at least Squeenix sent me the email about Balan Wonderworld), but I haven’t had the chance to play them yet. Will report back when I do!
What I Watched
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (Olizandri) – Only a few more videos left! I’m excited to continue this series and possibly play it myself.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (Olizandri) – I just wanted a Zelda game to watch at work the other day, and MM is always an excellent choice.
So I got the notification that AOC is streaming Among Us again right before I started doing this. I would’ve had this up sooner, but I passed out right after work (I was supposed to cut up vegetables for dinner, but oops, sleepy time instead! The best part is I’d just downed a big ass mug of coffee), so this is coming to you later than expected (if you even expect this. Why am I thinking you are???). I still haven’t started a new Final Fantasy, but I did say I wanted to get my notes together. I’d also like to maybe finish the review for FFVI. I’m also working on notes for my WIP, so yeah. I think it would make sense to get some things finished before I start anything else, at least something that’s going to be as time and emotionally consuming as FFVII. I may play Edith Finch in the interim.