<–The State of the Reader: 12/14/22 The State of the Reader: 3/22/23–>
A biweekly post updated every other Wednesday detailing my current reading projects and what new titles I’ve added to my to-read list. Title links go to Goodreads, and if you have an account there feel free to friend me! I’d love to see what you’re reading and/or planning to read.
Books Purchased: 10
- The Seven Against Thebes by Aeschylus – $0.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay – $1.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- The Summer Tree by Guy Gavriel Kay (The Fionavar Tapestry) – $3.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- Oak King Holly King by Sebastian Nothwell (Oak King Holly King) – $3.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- Prince of the Sorrows by Kellen Graves (Rowan Blood) – $1.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- Gulliver’s Travels: Travels into Several Remote Nations of the World by Jonathan Swift – $1.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- The Bookshop and the Barbarian by Morgan Stang – $0.00 @ Amazon Kindle
- Lost in Time by A. G. Riddle – $1.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- Coffee, Milk & Spider Silk by Coyote J. M. Edwards – $0.99 @ Amazon Kindle
- Gideon the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir (The Locked Tomb) – $1.99 @ Amazon Kindle
Books Finished: 3
Title: The Cruel Prince
Series: The Folk of the Air
Author: Holly Black
Date Added: August 1, 2019
Date Started: October 31, 2022
Date Finished: January 3, 2023
I had mixed feelings about this one. For the most part I liked it: enemies to lovers, slow burn, and all that, but some of the shit Jude did was so unbelievably stupid it was hard to suspend my disbelief. Yes, even beyond the foolishness most YA protagonists do. There’s also something about the world building that bothers me, but I can’t put my finger on it. It’s meant to show how common the weirdness of faerie is for Jude and her twin sister, but it almost makes it come off as shallow as opposed to just every day strangeness. I put the next book on my TBR list, but I don’t know when I’m going to get to it.
Note: I’m just going to list out the other two books I finished since I started them after I put this post on impromptu hiatus. Sorry, I just have a lot of catching up to do and lack the time and energy to do my regular detailed post.
You must be logged in to post a comment.