<–The State of the Reader: 12/4/19 The State of the Reader: 1/1/20–>
A biweekly post updated every other Wednesday detailing my current reading projects and what new titles I’ve added to my to-read list. Title links go to Goodreads, and if you have an account there feel free to friend me! I’d love to see what you’re reading and/or planning to read.
Books Obtained: 5
- Air Awakens by Elisa Kova (Air Awakens) – $0.00 @ Amazon
- The First Girl Child by Amy Harmon – $1.99 @ Amazon
- Extracted by R. R. Haywood (Extracted Trilogy) – $0.99 @ Amazon
- The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke by Arthur C. Clarke – $0.00 @ Amazon
- Mirrorstrike by Benjanun Sriduangkaew (Her Pitiless Command) – $4.99 @ Amazon
Books Finished: 3
Series: Her Pitiless Command
Author: Benjanun Sriduangkaew
Date Added: March 3, 2019
Date Started: November 21, 2019
Date Finished: December 5, 2019
The second book came out merely days after I finished this, and not only is that awesome because I can complete the duology, but it also proved me kind of right. Let me explain…as mentioned in the last update, one of the main characters, the general Lussadh, uses she/her pronouns, but her titles are stereotypically masculine e.g. prince, lord, etc. Later in the novel, Nuawa, the other MC mentions that she’s neither a man nor a woman (which means she’s non-binary or genderfluid I suppose), and in my head I’m seeing her as sort of a cross between my two favorite generals: Celes from FFVI and Sephiroth from FFVII who are female and male respectively but also super beautiful. Lussadh is on the cover of the second book, and I WAS KINDA RIGHT.
You must be logged in to post a comment.