This is one of the many “tag” posts I found months ago that I saved for when I had more time.
I found this on Callum McLaughlin’s blog a while ago and put it aside to do later. It’s currently later, and I’m excited to finally do this tag. Like Callum, I encourage anyone to add me as a friend on Goodreads!
Let’s get to it.
- What was the last book you marked as “read?”
This book and the one before it got me into the mystery genre, something I need to do since I want to write in it at some point. It also has the extra bonus of portraying the BDSM scene a lot better than some more well known series out there.
- What are you currently reading?
Four books right now:
- Sigil by Aidan J. Reid (who’s another blogger I follow)- murder mystery in a small Irish town is investigated by Father Regan, the local priest.
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – the young protagonist delves deep into his grandfather’s strange past and discovers what he thought were made stories are more than true.
- The Mystical Qabalah by Dion Fortune – comprehensive study of Qabalism by the premier western occultist
- The Mabinogion Tetralogy by Evangeline Walton – collected compendium of Welsh mythology.
Since I discovered that I could easily fit some Kindle pages in during lunchtime at my job, I’ve added an additional book to my reading trio. Oddly enough, now that I’m on my vacation I’m reading less of Sigil than I was during work.