<–The State of the Gamer: 12/25/18 The State of the Gamer: 1/22/19–>
A weekly post updated every other Tuesday detailing my current gaming projects. I have an account at Grouvee, which is a site you can use to keep track of your backlog, so please feel free to friend me there!
What I Bought
- Forgotton Anne – $19.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Undertale – $14.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Night in the Woods – $11.99 @ Nintendo eShop
- Broken Age – $4.49 @ Nintendo eShop – This one and all the ones above show me putting my gift card to good use. Thanks again big bro!
- The First Tree – $9.99 @ Nintendo eShop: Thanks to The Off-Centered Earth Mage of TWRM’s collective for the review of this. I bought the game pretty much right after I read it. First buy of the New Year!
- To the Moon – $1.99 @ iPhone App Store
What I Played
Title: Octopath Traveler
System: Nintendo Switch
Date Started: August 11, 2018
Still haven’t gotten a chance to play this, but I did check the strat guide I’m following again to see what prep I have to do.
<–The State of the Gamer: 1/9/18 The State of the Gamer: 2/6/18–>
What I Played
Title: Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
Series: Etrian Odyssey
Genre: RPG/JRPG – Fantasy
Release Date: August 4, 2016
I’m on the third stratum now, lovingly called the Fetid Necropolis. As you can imagine there are a lot of undead enemies, including these Zombie Mutts with spinning heads that give you Confused Needles if you kill them while they’re panicked (otherwise known as confused). There are also Skeleswords, which are more annoying than terrifying. They follow you around unless they come across a patch of light where they disappear. I’ve spent a lot of time beating them, because they give you Rusted Swords, which are useful for upgrading Fencer weapons. They’re irritating though, because you’ll often find them in a line, and you can get mobbed by them. EOV is the only turn-based games I’ve played where you can be attacked by another enemy while you’re in the midst of a fight. I can usually clear out a floor fairly quickly, but I’ve been wandering around the 12th for a while now. I should hopefully find the stairs up to the 13th soon and more enemies with conditional drops.